4 of us stayed in one of the apartments for 6 nights towards the end of June.
The apartment was very spacious with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a full well equipped kitchen and lounge room so very adequate space for 4 people.
The grounds are stunning with plenty of places to sit outside including very nice pool with plenty of sun beds.
There is a laundry - it costs 5 euros per load. Wifi is available - one device is free then extra logons have a fee.
Location wise it is perfect for exploring the Umbria and Tuscany regions. Is close to supermarket and shops. A very short drive to Cortona which is wonderful! We also drove to the local train station and parked and got a train to Florence for a day trip which was easy and not very expensive.
There are not restaurant or bar facilities on site, but just a short walk away there is another property with the same owner that has a lovely restaurant with good food.
Would recommend this place especially if you have a bigger group, a family or are staying for longer than a few nights as it is close to everything, comfortable and spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence in The Valley of Etruscan Princes Il Casale, a residence out of a building of the year 500 sits in front of the towers, the domes the green and the sky of Cortona, a city of ancient origins, often visited by the ex French president Mitterand, and today by the University of Georgia (UGA). During august it is the chosen location for the National Antiques Showroom, where for the occasion, in the old rooms of Palazzo Casali and Palazzo Vagnotti, all the most important Italian exhibitors gather. The rural complex is situated nearby the San Pietro a Cegliolo neighbourhood. Today it is a very comfortable and accommodating Residence, hidden in the silence of a spectacular and suggestive creation of the nature. It is laid out around a huge garden and the mother tower which overlooks the main building, which is also the oldest and still maintains the original features, like the double slope roof and the external stairway with a wide landing for the middle floor access. Behind one of the complexes' wings, finds room on over an hectare of green grass, the swimming pool which is for guests use only. Built with the most modern and efficient techniques its size is 16 by 8 meters. Furnished with deck chairs, comfortable pillows, umbrellas, showers and everything to help relax and fun for the kids, while watching Cortona's skyline. The garden is one of the most beautiful features of the complex. Very well grown and cared, shines with plenty of different flowers varieties and plants which give colour to the spectacular green English carpet. Here you'll find the tables and chairs for breakfast and dinner in a relaxing environment. The residence is made of 10 apartments, of which 8 sleep 4, one sleep 3, and one sleep 2. They all provide a stylish and elegant solution, floors and ceilings made with old cotto tiles and antique furniture aging around the year '800. Everything carefully planned and put together in respect of the most modern way of living. The apartments have two bedrooms, some of which with two double beds, some other with one double bed and a room with single beds, bathroom with shower and the living room with a cooking corner (fire spots, electrical oven, fridge, double sink). The general feeling is of a relaxing and "antique" luxurious environment. The bedrooms are especially thought in the way they've been furnished. Antique beds ('700 and '800), carpets who match the period of the furniture, practical closets also from the '800 style. Everything is planned to match with the floors and the ceilings. Apartment sleep 4: two bedrooms with two double beds or one double bed and two single beds, bathroom with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Apartment sleep 3: one big bedroom with a double bed and a single bed, two bathrooms with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Apartment sleep 2: one bedroom with a double bed, one bathroom with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Possibility to have additional beds on request. SERVICES: Every apartment has its own external space furnished with garden chairs and table, and inside provides Satellite TV, air conditioning/heating direct phone line. WI-FI CONNECTION ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Il Casale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Il Casale Cortona
- Residence Il Casale Hotel Cortona