I had a wonderful experience at Il Casale villas. The owners were friendly and the grounds were beautiful. It made for the best trip to Italy. The pool was immaculate and open for swimming at all hours. The rooms were spacious and fully equipped for cooking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence in The Valley of Etruscan Princes Il Casale, a residence out of a building of the year 500 sits in front of the towers, the domes the green and the sky of Cortona, a city of ancient origins, often visited by the ex French president Mitterand, and today by the University of Georgia (UGA). During august it is the chosen location for the National Antiques Showroom, where for the occasion, in the old rooms of Palazzo Casali and Palazzo Vagnotti, all the most important Italian exhibitors gather. The rural complex is situated nearby the San Pietro a Cegliolo neighbourhood. Today it is a very comfortable and accommodating Residence, hidden in the silence of a spectacular and suggestive creation of the nature. It is laid out around a huge garden and the mother tower which overlooks the main building, which is also the oldest and still maintains the original features, like the double slope roof and the external stairway with a wide landing for the middle floor access. Behind one of the complexes' wings, finds room on over an hectare of green grass, the swimming pool which is for guests use only. Built with the most modern and efficient techniques its size is 16 by 8 meters. Furnished with deck chairs, comfortable pillows, umbrellas, showers and everything to help relax and fun for the kids, while watching Cortona's skyline. The garden is one of the most beautiful features of the complex. Very well grown and cared, shines with plenty of different flowers varieties and plants which give colour to the spectacular green English carpet. Here you'll find the tables and chairs for breakfast and dinner in a relaxing environment. The residence is made of 10 apartments, of which 8 sleep 4, one sleep 3, and one sleep 2. They all provide a stylish and elegant solution, floors and ceilings made with old cotto tiles and antique furniture aging around the year '800. Everything carefully planned and put together in respect of the most modern way of living. The apartments have two bedrooms, some of which with two double beds, some other with one double bed and a room with single beds, bathroom with shower and the living room with a cooking corner (fire spots, electrical oven, fridge, double sink). The general feeling is of a relaxing and "antique" luxurious environment. The bedrooms are especially thought in the way they've been furnished. Antique beds ('700 and '800), carpets who match the period of the furniture, practical closets also from the '800 style. Everything is planned to match with the floors and the ceilings. Apartment sleep 4: two bedrooms with two double beds or one double bed and two single beds, bathroom with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Apartment sleep 3: one big bedroom with a double bed and a single bed, two bathrooms with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Apartment sleep 2: one bedroom with a double bed, one bathroom with shower, living room/kitchen fully equipped. Possibility to have additional beds on request. SERVICES: Every apartment has its own external space furnished with garden chairs and table, and inside provides Satellite TV, air conditioning/heating direct phone line. WI-FI CONNECTION ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Il Casale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Il Casale Cortona
- Residence Il Casale Hotel Cortona