Villa Borgo San Pietro
US$161
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Locanda del Molino(Cortona)(Great Value!)
US$125
Villa Marsili(Cortona)
US$496
US$460
  • Breakfast included
Borgo il Melone(Cortona)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$96
Hotel San Luca(Cortona)(Great Value!)
US$85
Villa Loggio(Cignano)
US$279
US$252
Travelocity
Relais La Corte dei Papi(La Dogana)(Great Value!)
US$649
US$510
Travelocity
All reviewsbreakfast setasked the waiterpool arearenovated farmhousetuscan farmhousemain buildingexcellent locationour honeymoontuscanyapartmentkmdream
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel was so chic. The rooms were cute and cozy. I absolutely loved their bath products. We spent two nights here and it was very relaxing and romantic. Their breakfast set up is so cute and their food was pretty good. A very nice pool as well with amazing views (but really cold water). I was really looking forward to this hotel when planning our trip to Italy and it wasn't what I expected, but it wasn't bad either. The service is EXTREMELY slow and pretty much horrible though. We waited about thirty minutes for a lunch menu and then another 45 for the actual lunch, and by waited I mean I walked to the bar and asked the waiter to come take our order. The grounds and property are absolutely beautiful though!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Monira A
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Villa Borgo San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Sir,

I'm sorry that you had to wait a little bit too long. It can happen and I apologize for this. I am happy, however that you found our place beautiful and I invite you to visit us again because the service has been reinforced and now it's perfect! .....

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for seven nights. We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was extremely kind and professional. The room was very large with a big bathroom and a fantastic shower. The surrounding of the hotel is beautiful and peaceful with a nice swimming pool and a functional gym. We really enjoyed everything. Only one small criticism is that the gym was a little bit shabby and could be improved with small effort.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a wonderful three day break here. Our room was lovely with views across the gardens and the hillside village of Cortona. The pool area was very peaceful with plenty of room in both shade and sun, poolside towels were provided in the bedroom with extras available from reception (with a deposit). The free wifi was accessible throughout the property and grounds. The staff were all wonderful, the proprietor is very lucky to have such friendly staff all of whom were very accommodating. The restaurant had the same menu every night which could become a little boring however the food was very tasty and the waiter was very helpful with recommending a good wine, we were never disappointed. Cortona is less than 10 minutes away and has a good selection of restaurants. We had a very peaceful and relaxing time here and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2013

A bit hard to find, but you won't be sorry---what a gem! If you're looking for a beautiful, scenic, couples place to stay in Tuscany, look no furhter. I am not exaggerating when I say everyone there (including the owner) treated us like special family members on a visit home. We had been there before 5 years ago for one night on our honeymoon, and the place made such an impression on us that we dreamed of coming back for our 5th anniversary and spending a whole week there. I'm so glad we did---it could not have been more wonderful! I wish I could hug and thank each member of the staff for all of the special things they did for us. I can't even call the Relais Borgo San Pietro a "hotel" because it is so much more. The grounds and rooms are beautiful of course and so well maintained. Centrally located in tuscany, it gives you the real feel of being in Italy, not some homogenized hotel. Its simply charming. The staff though deserves special kudos. From helping us plan our week's itinery through Tuscany, to taking extra care to make sure we had perfect breakfasts and dinners, to caring for our every need, they did so much above and beyond for us it would be impossible to list it all. I don’t know how so many extraordinarily nice people came to work at the same place, but we are so glad we found them! We are already planning our 10th anniversary, and we definitely want to make the Relais Borgo San Pietro our central stop. Its our favorite place in all of Italy. Thanks again for making us feel not only welcome, but more like good friends. We will be thinking of this last trip very fondly for years to come thanks to the special attention we received. Thank you, you made our anniversary extra special!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2013

your comments:
Enchanting place. Delicious, elegant dinner. You won't want to break the atmosphere by asking if the wines that they insist enhance the meal are included in the price so get all that straight ahead of time. Very accommodating staff. Clean and beautiful room. Our view was of the historic mountaintop town of Cortona, close enough to distinguish different buildings. We stayed on a Saturday night and could hear the gentle sounds of vespers and Sunday morning service from the nearby chiesa as well as church bells from Cortona. Otherwise it was total quiet with the only sounds of life being made occasionally by a curious bird or distant dog. The time could have been centuries ago. From Cortona, set your Tom Tom or GPS for the "city" of Cegliolo. It'll take you to the tiny village of Tavernelle di Cortona. At the traffic light, turn right. See a building that I think is a very old church on the left, and turn left. Within about 100 yards or less, you'll see the tall, old, stone gates and the name San Pietro on the left. Our Tom Tom told us we'd arrived before we could see the gates. [Do Not drive up the mountain.] Once you're inside the gates, the driveway is about 200 meters long and a beautiful drive. The soccer field that they tell you is a landmark is inside their gates, so it isn't a helpful reference. Thank you for a delightful visit. If we should return to that part of Italy, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had requested a smoking room or one with a smoking balcony or patio which may be the reason we got the one we did with the gorgeous, perfect covered patio.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SammTraveller
borgosanpietro, Responsabile reception at Villa Borgo San Pietro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you very much for the marvellous report that you sent about our Property. I look forward to welcome here again and I wish you all the best!