We stayed here for 5 nights. Booked one normal and one superior room. Upon arival we were greeted ouside by the receptionist: a nice and welcoming touch. Both our rooms were in different buildings neither had balcony and our superior was pretty dark, though roomy. When we looked around the place we dicovered that several roooms had actual gardens and terrasses. When we asked if one of those would be available for our stay we were given a lovely (though slightly smaller) room but with nice garden area and table and chairs for the 4 of us. A big improvement.
The place seems pretty recently converted, but the decor is antique and tuscan. The beds are new however as is the AC in every room. We needed that because it was very hot during our stay. The bathrooms are modern and differ per room. Ousr had a very small shower, the other an extremely roomy one.
It is a nice hotel, but the area is full of similar places and it doesn't stand out except for the very pleasant staff.
The pool area was much appreciated: large pool with more than enough seating area and chairs and umbrellas: towels for hire or bring your own! We spend many pleasant hours there. In the early evening there is a drinks-service by the pool: also a very pleasant touch.
Breakfast is not elaborate and with no daily variation, but the nice breakfast patio makes up for that.
There was supposed to be Wifi internet troughout the hotel and rooms, but it didn't work. Only in the reception area and extremely slow. Also not free.
Cortona is a very pleasant little town with lots of nice places to eat: the hotel staff have very good recommendations and will make your reservation. The staff is very friendly.
One last thing: there are a lot of mosquitos around the place, the rooms have netting across the windows, but it doesn't keep them out all together. We had our own electrical repellants (been to Cortona before) but you definitely need something to keep them away at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Borgo San Pietro is an ancient XVII century farm transformed into a charming Relais with outdoor swimming pool composed of 14 rooms and 5 apartments. Thanks to an intelligent restoration the new purpose of the structure took into account yet maintaining its ancient look. The old well, the fruit and olive trees, the grass fields, combined with the old prints, paintings and furniture, give that peaceful feeling and atmosphere of a Tuscan country house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Borgo San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Hotel Cortona
- Relais Borgo San Pietro Cortona