All reviews talented chef lake trasimeno cooking class truffle stayed for nights the owner cristiano terrace valley di hillside tuscany wines
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stayed for four nights at Locanda i Grifi. The hotel was comfortable with lovely scenery. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Davide who helped us with planning out visits both in Cortona and villages nearby.
The owner of the hotel and also the chef Cristiano made tasteful dinners at his restaurant. Local wines matched well with the food.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jimmy2310, Proprietario at Locanda i Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the lovely review you left us!
We are glad that our staff, took good care of you and you liked @Locanda and scenery around . Our concierge at reception is always very happy to suggest itineraries in Cortona and the area around to make our guests appreciate the beauty of our land.
We are also glad that you have appreciated the food and the wine we serve at our restaurant

Looking forward to meet you on your next trip to Cortona.

Grazie Mille!
Cristiano, Davide and staff @Locanda

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We stayed at this charming hotel in June 2018. They had the best showers here of all the places we stayed in our 3 week vacation to Italy. Besides the showers - our morning latte's delivered to our room was heavenly. Also when we were there we had a cooking class with Cristiano. He was informative, along with working with 10 of us with all levels of cooking experience.
The staff at this hotel seeks to make everyone comfortable, we will be back!

Room Tip: all are great
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jimmy2310, Proprietario at Locanda i Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are so glad you have had a great time with us; and we did enjoy too having a chat every morning before you all went out for the tours with your friends.
We do our best providing our service to the hotel and restaurant guests, our housekeeping always takes care of the cleaness of the rooms and bathroom ( and showers too). The bathrooms, the rooms, and the other areas of the hotel and restaurant as well, had been recently renewed.
The latte and the capuccino that our room service brought to your room every morning are made with Tuscan fresh milk and an organic Italian coffee, we are so glad you have appreciated it.
It was a great pleasure having had your group of 10 people for the cooking class with Chef Cristiano Milighetti in our restaurant; it was a grea fun also for the chef teaching you how to prepare the typical Tuscan recipies.
We really do hope you will come back to visit us in the future. Locanda will always be your home in Tuscany.

Grazie mille!!

Davide Arca
Reception&Reservations

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We did Cristiano’s cooking class with group of 10 - then consumed the product labor. Cristiano was very patient and informative and the results were delicious! A Great experience all around and highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Jimmy2310, Proprietario at Locanda i Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive review.
I did have a great time too teaching you the secrets of Tuscan cuisine; I am very glad you have appreciated my cooking class here at Locanda and that you will reccommend it to others tripadvosr members, friends and family
If you want to come back to Locanda for a cooking class, lunch or dinner do not hesitate to contact us. it wil be a great pleasure to welcome you at the restaurant once again.

I just want to say a big GRAZIE!

Cristiano Milighetti
Chef &Owner

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed at this charming hotel for 3 nights at the end of May, 2018. It was recommended by someone who is from the area and it did NOT disappoint!
I arrived in the rain and Davide was waiting for me at the front entrance and came out with an umbrella to greet me and checked me in to my room with the most incredible view and a rainbow!
The accommodation was spotless, the bed SO comfortable ( i am like the Princess and the Pea)! That view, just breathtaking.
I was travelling solo before heading to Amalfi for a wedding. Solo travel in Italy isn't always easy, but Davide, Christiano and Stefano made me feel like I was an honoured guest. Davide had so many tips on where to go, where to eat, where to park etc that it made the time there so stress free and enjoyable.
I dined for 3 nights at the hotel the food was OUTSTANDING as were the local wines.
I love to cook, especially Italian food so I booked a cooking class with Christiano the owner/chef. It was so much fun and I learned some very valuable tips from this talented chef.
The pool was lovely, perfect for relaxing for a refreshing dip after a day of exploring. It was a beautifully quiet location, just down the road from the famous "Bramasole", I enjoyed walking the roads - I only wish I'd had more time, so I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: all the rooms are facing the valley and its magnificent views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jimmy2310, Proprietario at Locanda i Grifi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Mrs Judy,

Thank you for your kind review and to your friend having recommended Locanda for your stay in Cortona.
We are glad you have appreciated the way we welcome our guests and our service and facilities. We always do our best with our housekeeping to maintain the rooms as clean as possible ( it is something very important to us). The view and the rainbow are not our merit! the hotel and restaurant is located in one of the best panoramic point of the hill in Cortona: the valley below, the smooth hills a between Tuscany and Umbria, the Trasimeno lake, the old walls of the town. We always feel very lucky to be located in such a charming place and we hope that every guest at Locanda feels the same.
Our aim is, indeed, make all the people who stay at Locanda feel "like guests in our house" ; Locanda is a small hotel and we know our guest by name. It is important to us to follow our guests in every aspects of their stay giving recommendations and suggestions, and we are glad you have apprecciated them.
We must thank you for having had dinner and the cooking class at our restaurant so that you were able to appreciate the "Locanda experience" at its best. Chef and Owner Cristiano had had a great time giving you some tips about the Tuscan cuise and its tradition; we still remember how the Pici pasta you prepared were appetizing.

We really hope next time you will stay longer at Locanda and we will be happy to welcome also your friends and family.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information or requests for abvailability in the future.

Grazie mille

Cristiano, Davide and Locanda I Grifi Staff

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A group of friends, we stayed at the hotel for five nights. The rooms and bathroom are spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The staff are most friendly and go out of their way to ensure that we enjoyed our stay.
We would certainly look forward to a return visit on our next stay in Tuscany.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are very glad you have choosen Locanda to celebrate your friend's birthday.
It is very important to us that our service had contributed to make the celebration a memorable one.
Having had all your group at the hotel and at our restaurant for the dinner party filled our hearts with pure joy since you all was having a great fun. (you were not loud at all!!!)
We would like to thank you for the nice words describing our staff's effort to give our best hospitality and service ...but no words can actually explain how greateful we are.
We really hope you will come back to visit us in the near future, we still miss you.
We are at your disposal if you need any information or availability for your next stay in Cortona.

Grazie Mille