“Great Service”

Ranked #24 of 42 Cortona B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This B and B is in a lovely location, with spacious rooms and comfortable surroundings. The most impressive thing about it, however, is the service. Massimo, the owner, was very friendly and helpful, despite us arriving at 1am in the morning! On our final day, we realised we had lost our car hire key. Massimo could not have been more helpful. He told us we were now his guests and not to worry about vacating the room; he rang the airport, car rental and taxis and even lent us his phone so we wouldn't have high mobile bills! He was even the one who managed to find the key! Cortona is a beautiful, beautiful town, the views are exceptional, the local lake was lovely for swimming and everyone was so friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The only thing I can say about my staying in the Rugapiana is: one day was not enough to enjoy the place and the city. Wow, Cortona is amazing! Rugapiana is also unbeatable. Extremelly well located (100m from the main square, 150 meters from free parking area, and 100m from the park), Massimo - the manager who received us - did his best to make us happier and comfortable.

We stayed in a room in the first floor, faced to the street, nicely decorated with Tuscany elements, very well equipped (like a kitchenette), top quality sheets, towels, bath robe…Exactly like the pictures in the website.

However we had a little problem during our staying: the electrical water heater apparently was undersized and we didn’t have hot water enough for 2 showers taken subsequently. Massimo said after 5 minutes we would have hot water again but was taking longer. He apologized and offered us another room in the same floor, only to take the shower. Ok, it solved our problem, and I understand, but was not same thing as taking a shower in your own room, otherwise we should have selected a hotel with shared bath.

The breakfast was also a little bit frustrating. We received a voucher and went to a cafeteria nearby. It was very simple, only coffee and a croissant. If you want another thing you will pay separately. No fruits or juice. The waiter was not clear enough to explain how the outsourced coffee works.

Finnally a comment: we made our reservation via booking.com and have requested to install a baby cot in our room. Nothing was said so we understood the cot would be installed. When we arrived we were advised they didn't have baby cot available. I would prefer to be advised in advance. Reviewing the reservation made I could see the request was there.

I certainly will go back to Cortona (lovelly place), and certainly will go back to Rugapiana again. In the meantime I hope they fix the problem with the water heater, if not, I will prefer to be accommodated in another room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Rugapiana Vacanze could not have been a better stay for my girlfriend and I. IT exceeded all expectations. The location...perfect. The service.......above and beyond any hotel i have ever stayed in. Massimo was flexible, friendly, spoke very good english, and was the best host in the best town in italy. The cleaniness....pristine. Accommodations.... better than hotels in rome. I would stay there again in a heart beat. Despite some draw backs people have mentioned, you will find these anywhere it italy. The town is bustling in the morning and the muddled sound of people in the street just adds to the atmosphere and ambiance. The breakfast is a typical Italian breakfast, coffee and a pastry from two great cafes in town. If you choose to visit cortona I would only recommend the Rugapiana Vacanze the best B&B in Cortona. I cant wait to go back

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We had a wonderful stay here. The B&B is located right in the heart of The lovely town of Cortona. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Davisnco
LA
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I doubt I was even in the nicest room. First floor on your immediate right - but it was charming, clean and comfortable. The bed was amazing.
I have to say the host Massimo was wonderful. Such a great and kind spirit. I had issues trying to upload some large files to my MacBook and he let me stay well past checkout time and in fact let me into a top floor apartment to be closer to the wireless router and speed up the process.
Delightful, comfortable, charming and welcoming. Made for an amazing stay in a stunning place.
Will definitely be back.
Massimo is the Italian David Cross btw - and very generous when I wanted to video him to prove it!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank epgiles
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed for a 2nd time in May 2011. Its a wonderful place to stay and Massimo is very helpful. He helped us with our rental car and was available for our many questions. As we found it in the past, Rugapiana Vacanze is clean and well maintained. It makes us feel like we belong rather than just visiting. The location is excellent with a grocery just steps away. We even found parking within close walking distance.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Santabwest
Szolnok, Hungary
Reviewed 14 August 2011

It was really authentic and comfotable and hospitality as well. Unfortunately I had only one day stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business