“-OVERPRICED AND BAD MEAL-”

Restaurant Il Falconiere
Reserve with
Restaurant Il Falconiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 100 Restaurants in Cortona
Price range: US$56 - US$101
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: It is actually very easy to cook well and obtain great dishes if one begins with first choice ingredients, that's what we do every day, searching for the best products is our philosophy. We are mentioned by the most authoritative Guides with excellent evaluations.The restaurant is housed in the old lemon house with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. It is famous for its cuisine focused in the territory. A pleasant experience made of many different details: a refined and bright ambience, the terrace with its breathtaking view of the valley for romantic dinners, a superb Tuscan cuisine and a vast wine list with the Baracchi wines as well.
Greenville, South Carolina
“-OVERPRICED AND BAD MEAL-”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Overpriced and very limited menu,We had very high expectations of da Relais Falconiere , We booked to celebrate my birthday and the last night of our holiday in Tuscany, and it was the worst meal of our trip .....

Visited October 2013
Il_Falconiere, Owner at Restaurant Il Falconiere, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Stratus_X,
I understand that clients have different expectations and personal taste. I’m not agree with you about limit of my menu: we have two set menu each one with 6 courses one is dedicate to our Tuscan flavors and one dedicate to the hunting season. A la Carte we have 7 appetizers, 7 pasta and soup, 7 second courses and a special section “nor fish, neither meat”: eggs, salads and cheese! More we serve a welcome aperitif and petit fours. Maybe you make a mistake ordering something not in harmony with your tastes! The prices are maybe lower then other restaurant with the same quality and service.
Thank you anyway for your review and I hope to see you again in my restaurant and have the possibility to change your opinion.

• Turkish first
“Michelin is the trademark of tires...”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We ordered 2 degustation sets (90 and 95 euro each) and weren't satisfied with the quality, freshness and taste of the food. It was the 3d time when we dine at Michelin starred restaurant (Barcelona and London before) and now we are convinced 100% that the stars don't mean the best food... It was the last experience I hope. But the local wine produced by the family was excellent!!!

• Visited November 2013
Dear EMMMA87,
Thank you for your review, you made a great choice with the two set menus, one is focused on the great Tuscan flavors and the second one are temptations from the forest: games, mushrooms, fruit berries etc. I personally design these menus and I love them both for the natural flavors , the Tuscan accent and the particularity! My cuisine is cooked to order, every dish is cooked at the moment, we use only fresh ingredients coming from our area (Km 0!) I’m sorry thy are not in line with your personal taste! Thank you for the comment about the Baracchi wines!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I tried, tried, but average at best”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

First, the grounds, vineyard and gardens are fabulous. But, as the reviewer in August clearly stated the waitstaff were very neglectful and arrogant. Neither I, nor my friend could get the water filled, nearly an hour passed before we ordered. We started with wine. I opted for their own wine, the 2012 Pinot Noir; even though I was fearful of its youth. However it was the top Italian Pinot and the sommelier told us if we didn't like it, he'd take it back. I found it passable, my companion wholly disappointed. She called him back, and to his credit followed thru and provided a fine alternate. I don't recall the vintage, but he handled the situation well. Kudos to him!

As to the food, nothing special, nor memorable; a very long wait, with several tables, who arrived after us, were finishing entrees and having coffee, when our appetizers were arriving. I love to eat, but had lost my appetite by the time the entree arrived. I can't recall ever having that experience before. Very disappointed. It was my most expensive dinner in Italy and my least enjoyable, and obviously not memorable. So they get three out of five, I'd have done two out of five, but the sommelier brought them up. I wish we'd gone elsewhere especially as I read about all the places in town. Sigh.....

Visited October 2013
Dear Nate F,
Dine in our terrace is really beautiful, most of our clients are happy to enjoy the sunset and the view, most of them love the peace and the rhythm of our service. My staff is the same from many years and every waiter is careful and thoughtful with everybody. I’m sorry if you have had a bad impression. Our Pinot noir is superb, by the opinion of clients and expert sommelier, of course you must have your own opinion. After this consideration, I think you have a very particular vision of everything. I cannot fight against client’s obsessions, but I love to work with the best efforts to make them happy! Why someone seat at the table with the watch with 120 minutes, spending the best time to control it, instead enjoying good company and atmosphere?
Saluti da Cortona
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Quiet and Romantic hillside retreat”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

With their vineyards all around, this is a great place to have a romantic,delicious, truly Tuscan experience. They will care to your every need and you'll think you're dreaming. The service is fabulous and perfect. The meals will have courses that keep you filled with a desire for the next exciting dish.

Visited September 2013
Dear Eric,
thank you for your fantastic review, and I hope to see you agin soon!!
Saluti da Cortona
Miami Beach, Florida
“Classic Stuff with a Modern Mind in the Kitchen”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This restaurant succeeds in bringing together an inventive kitchen (stuffed paparadelle, a form of Italianate ceviche, rombo with beans and pears) with a classic intelligent service.

It could be a cliche because it is (after all) in Cortona where all the book club members pop up and is in a kind of fairy tale setting with a view of the town and down the hill., but it is not. They obviously aspire to more both in terms of food and service and it shows. Also they create an atmosphere that is attentive not cloying and food-serious but fun. This is certainly now on my short list of places to go even though it is an hour from where I live. You well nay live farther away than that, so you can draw your own conclusion.

Ps- a fun and very thoughtful wine list (that weighs about 3 kilos). The dessert sampler is the best I have seen anywhere.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Jcraigh,
thanks a lot for your lovely review, it makes me feel better! I hope to welcome you again in my house soon!