“Beautiful Setting but at what a Price!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Il Falconiere

Restaurant Il Falconiere
Reserve with
Restaurant Il Falconiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 99 Restaurants in Cortona
Price range: US$54 - US$97
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: It is actually very easy to cook well and obtain great dishes if one begins with first choice ingredients, that's what we do every day, searching for the best products is our philosophy. We are mentioned by the most authoritative Guides with excellent evaluations.The restaurant is housed in the old lemon house with a glass and wrought-iron conservatory, overlooking the outside dining terrace with its ancient fishpond and rose-clad pergola. It is famous for its cuisine focused in the territory. A pleasant experience made of many different details: a refined and bright ambience, the terrace with its breathtaking view of the valley for romantic dinners, a superb Tuscan cuisine and a vast wine list with the Baracchi wines as well.
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful Setting but at what a Price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The setting of the Hotel could not be better.Views, atmosphere are all there.The Hotel is located high on the hills overloooking the City of Cortona. The food although well prepared and well presented did not merit the prices that they have. We have tried other Relais & Chateau in France and this did not measure up to the others.You simply would not think twice if the food was up to par. My rating: 8 for views and 3 for the food..

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
San Diego, California
“Heaven on Earth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed there. Outstanding cooking school, wonderful food and service in restaurant, fabulous wine! Silvia, Ricardo and the staff were first class. Can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Msup44
Greenville, South Carolina
“-OVERPRICED AND BAD MEAL-”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Overpriced and very limited menu,We had very high expectations of da Relais Falconiere , We booked to celebrate my birthday and the last night of our holiday in Tuscany, and it was the worst meal of our trip .....

Visited October 2013
Il_Falconiere, Owner at Restaurant Il Falconiere, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Stratus_X,
I understand that clients have different expectations and personal taste. I’m not agree with you about limit of my menu: we have two set menu each one with 6 courses one is dedicate to our Tuscan flavors and one dedicate to the hunting season. A la Carte we have 7 appetizers, 7 pasta and soup, 7 second courses and a special section “nor fish, neither meat”: eggs, salads and cheese! More we serve a welcome aperitif and petit fours. Maybe you make a mistake ordering something not in harmony with your tastes! The prices are maybe lower then other restaurant with the same quality and service.
Thank you anyway for your review and I hope to see you again in my restaurant and have the possibility to change your opinion.
Silvia Baracchi Chef and Owner
“Michelin is the trademark of tires...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We ordered 2 degustation sets (90 and 95 euro each) and weren't satisfied with the quality, freshness and taste of the food. It was the 3d time when we dine at Michelin starred restaurant (Barcelona and London before) and now we are convinced 100% that the stars don't mean the best food... It was the last experience I hope. But the local wine produced by the family was excellent!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear EMMMA87,
Thank you for your review, you made a great choice with the two set menus, one is focused on the great Tuscan flavors and the second one are temptations from the forest: games, mushrooms, fruit berries etc. I personally design these menus and I love them both for the natural flavors , the Tuscan accent and the particularity! My cuisine is cooked to order, every dish is cooked at the moment, we use only fresh ingredients coming from our area (Km 0!) I’m sorry thy are not in line with your personal taste! Thank you for the comment about the Baracchi wines!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I tried, tried, but average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

First, the grounds, vineyard and gardens are fabulous. But, as the reviewer in August clearly stated the waitstaff were very neglectful and arrogant. Neither I, nor my friend could get the water filled, nearly an hour passed before we ordered. We started with wine. I opted for their own wine, the 2012 Pinot Noir; even though I was fearful of its youth. However it was the top Italian Pinot and the sommelier told us if we didn't like it, he'd take it back. I found it passable, my companion wholly disappointed. She called him back, and to his credit followed thru and provided a fine alternate. I don't recall the vintage, but he handled the situation well. Kudos to him!

As to the food, nothing special, nor memorable; a very long wait, with several tables, who arrived after us, were finishing entrees and having coffee, when our appetizers were arriving. I love to eat, but had lost my appetite by the time the entree arrived. I can't recall ever having that experience before. Very disappointed. It was my most expensive dinner in Italy and my least enjoyable, and obviously not memorable. So they get three out of five, I'd have done two out of five, but the sommelier brought them up. I wish we'd gone elsewhere especially as I read about all the places in town. Sigh.....

Visited October 2013
Dear Nate F,
Dine in our terrace is really beautiful, most of our clients are happy to enjoy the sunset and the view, most of them love the peace and the rhythm of our service. My staff is the same from many years and every waiter is careful and thoughtful with everybody. I’m sorry if you have had a bad impression. Our Pinot noir is superb, by the opinion of clients and expert sommelier, of course you must have your own opinion. After this consideration, I think you have a very particular vision of everything. I cannot fight against client’s obsessions, but I love to work with the best efforts to make them happy! Why someone seat at the table with the watch with 120 minutes, spending the best time to control it, instead enjoying good company and atmosphere?
Saluti da Cortona