B&B La Casa dei Tintori
Hotel Santa Croce(Florence)
Hotel Fiorino(Florence)
Sanremo(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreen roomindigo roomrecommend casagracious hostswarm hospitalitythe location is perfecteach morningbed and breakfasttrain stationthe breakfast areabreakfast was deliciouspastriesmain siteshistoric buildingstayed nightsan easy walkbusy street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I started writing the review but had to start all over again because my stay at this B&B was such a fabulous experience that I was going on and on without any end in sight. I will try to keep my review short and sweet and relevant for all future traveling fellows!

I give you two reasons: extremely friendly and knowledgable hosts who speak English very well and more than satisfactory qualities of the room and service, and location, location, location. Okay, that's actually three.

I won't say much about the hosts or the room or the service because they were all excellent. There was nothing missing that I needed. The breakfast is simple but chatting away with the hosts (mine were Riccardo and Lavinia) over a fresh cup of cappuccino really sets your mood for the day for good.

The inn is located just north of the river, one bridge over to the east of famous Ponte Vecchio bridge. Very close to Uffizi. Great local dining places, gelato parlors, and bars (in an Italian sense) and bars (what I think here in LA) are literally a minute or two away. It took me about 20 minutes to walk south-westward to the B&B from the train station, cutting diagonally across the historic center of Florence on the map. Once you learn the lay of the land, which is not difficult because the city is so compact, it feels like about 10 minutes to walk to the train station.

The bottom line: you won't be disappointed.

Oh and one last thing. WiFi (I use Mac and iPhone) was a godsend for me!

Room Tip: If you are overly sensitive to the sound or noise from other rooms or guests, bring a pair of earplugs or perhaps B&B experience isn't quite right for you. And they have two graceful cats. People with cat allergies be aware :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank motoooo
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was my second time staying at Casa dei Tintori. My first time was for 5 nights in Oct 2009 and I stayed in the blue room.I was so happy to return because of the wonderful experience my first time round. This time we were a family of four and we stayed again for 5 nights. My husband and I had the Indigo room and our adult children were in the Blue room. Alfredo, Valeria and Riccardo were again very hospitable, helpful and always charming. We enjoyed the lovely breakfast that Valeria so lovingly prepared for us. Our rooms and bathrooms were beautifully kept,very clean and very comfortable. We were treated like family.Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts, they were always ready to help with anything we needed eg restaurant recommendations and bookings. Free Wifi and use of the computer in the lobby is very helpful.
The location is excellent, close to lots of things. We walked everywhere. Great restaurants close by, mini supermarket across the road.
Thank you Alfredo, Valeria and Riccardo for making our stay so wonderful, cosy and memorable. You made us feel so welcome and at home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sessi
Reviewed 12 January 2012

my husband and i honeymooned in italy in Sept and florence was one of our favorite cities. this b&b was absolutely perfect!! the location was AMAZING. it is perfectly located right near the arno river so you can explore outside the city and everywhere within. nothing takes more than a 20 min walk (and that's if you are walking all the way across the city). alfredo is so nice and willing to do whatever he can to help you enjoy your time in florence. we stayed in the "new room" which is separate from the main house, but we loved it. the room was spacious and it was wonderful to have a kitchen to use.

i highly recommend staying here. the price is great, the location is perfect... what more could you ask for?!

Room Tip: loved the "new room." separate from main house. kitchen to use and keep groceries.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stacia b
Reviewed 11 December 2011

At the risk of not being able to book a room the next time we go to Florence, I have to say that La Casa dei Tintori is a real jewel!!! This is our third visit there and just like on our first visit, we were welcomed with open arms. Riccardo enthusiastically brought our bags up to the room and as we enter, we were greeted by the warm smiles of Alfredo, Valeria and Lavinia!!! They are such warm and gracious hosts, responsive to our every question! We LOVE the YELLOW room although we can see that the others are beautiful as well. We slept like rocks -the room faces a courtyard so no street noise. The bathroom is brand new, the breakfast yummy. I have to confess that we got up a bit late on this trip and Valeria very happily made us coffee at 10 AM!!!

For someone like me who has been to Florence perhaps a hundred times, this is a superb location, a gorgeous little inn and as mentioned in the title - a real home away from home.

Thank you to the Ingegno family and to Riccardo!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: They are all charming as you'll see from the photos on their website!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvel4fun
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Staying at the charming La Casa dei Tintori made our vacation in Florence a very special one. Its medieval charm enhanced the whole Florentian experience. The location is superb and the hospitality at La Casa dei Tintori is incomparable. The rooms are very comfortable, no matter what size or color. They all have their own charm. If you appreciate history and architecture, the place has it all. Their great website describes the place so well. We are so happy with our decision to stay there and we look forward to going back.

Room Tip: They all have their own charm. Use the website to see the details and keep the size of your party in mind.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple