“Best place in Firenze”

B&B La Casa dei Tintori
Ranked #8 of 656 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our recent stay at B&B Tintori was fantastic. The location is within walking distance to everything you would want to see and visit in Florence. The best and most important thing though is the hospitality Riccardo and Lavinia and their baby brought to our stay. The room (Green Room) with the sitting area was great, the breakfasts awesome and the graciousness of the family made us feel so at home. Any time we visit Firenze we will book at B&B Tintori. Grazie mille Riccardo and Lavinia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for B&B La Casa dei Tintori

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My fiance and I really enjoyed our time at La Case dei Tintori. The location was great with respect to all the sites and getting around. No car or buss pass necessary. Very easy to get around from the B&B. The hosts were very friendly and informative. The B&B and hosts made for a very cozy, homely experience. We stayed in the Indigo room and it was large, clean and had a very nice private bathroom. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed one night at Casa dei Tintori in Firenza, and were treated extremely well by Ricardo. He called several times to be sure we got into the city (we were driving, I know - crazy, but the iPhone Google Maps genie brought us in without any problems). He told us where to park, how long to pay for (up until 8pm only), etc.. No worries, got there fine, nice room. I went to the Museo Galilei twice and just drank it all in (science nerd), it was maybe a 5 minute walk. It was a tad expensive but for downtown Florence I assume price was normal. Anyway, the place is fine and you will enjoy it. The stairs going up are quite steep and there are a lot of them, so be prepared to climb to the door of the B&B which seems to have been made out of most of a large apartment on floor 1, one level up from the street. Once inside the B&B there are a few small stairs but mostly all on one level. I should mention that I called to make the reservation the day of our stay - risky but we wanted to travel without a fixed route. It works as long as you have cell phone coverage in Europe. The Verizon $25 per 100MB data plan saved the day, it allowed us to activate data coverage for the entire trip for only $100 and we were then able to use Google Maps turn-by-turn directions for 11 days continuously. Just don't play any videos or download music! It also let us search for B&Bs in various towns while driving between destinations, a huge time saver. Normal cell data rates in Europe are 20 times higher than this so it's a no-brainer if you are going to Europe with a Verizon phone that supports their cell frequencies like iPhone 4S or 5. Just pay the $25 and relax. You get a text message each time you go through 100 MB of data so it's another $25. This happened about every 2 or 3 days for us, and was reassuring.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at La Casa dei Tintori for a few days,in September, with my daughter-in-law. Ricardo and Lavinia went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible, giving us directions, advising us on restaurants in the area and even helping me make a phone call to the U.S. Lavinia took very good care of us at breakfast and, in addition to the very adequate breakfast, she would also make something extra, such as a cake or special pudding, which were, of course, quite delicious.
The B&B has been very tastefully remodeled and we were very comfortable in the Red Room, which was spacious and had everything we needed. We had a very enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend the Casa dei Tintori.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed three nights atLa Casa dei Tintori..I,ve been to Florence quite a few times...and Ricardo and Lavinia were so accommodating...computer, directions, etc.....and where else do you get cappucinos for breakfast....the location is perfect ....and a great way to get more acquainted with oltr,Arno...a great, charming home away from home....I. Recommend it highly!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I can't say enough about Riccardo and Lavinia's help both before I arrived and once there. They were full for some of the nights I wanted and Riccardo gave me other B&B names in the area and offered to contact them for me. On arrival, a huge bicycle event complicated my getting to the B&B and Riccardo went out of his way to "find" me and did all he could to help me cross a blocked road. They are charming and professional and I loved the Yellow Room. The lovely, clean B&B is in an excellent, central location - yet it is quiet too. They made my stay there very enjoyable and I highly recommend Casa dei Tintori.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I shared the blue room for 3 nights in September. We were delighted to be in such a central location as we could walk to all of the sites we wanted to visit. The hosts, Riccardo and Lavinia, were most accommodating. The breakfasts provided a nice selection of foods. We were very comfortable, we felt safe, and we received excellent value for the cost.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street of a major city will always be a little noisy. If this is a problem for you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends