This is a better late than never post having visited Florence in October of 2013. Having searched trip advisor endlessly for a B & B in Florence, we decided to try La Casa dei Tintori, somewhat blindly but guided by other trip advisor posts. It's always a bit intimidating as a first time traveler to any city to find a warm and welcoming place. From our initial contact via email, it was clear that every detail is important to them. And, from the moment we walked through the doors, we felt at ease and knew we had chosen the correct B & B. Riccardo and Lavinia are just so real and hospitable. Please take any of the suggestions they give for shopping and eating. You will never be disappointed. We stayed in the Indigo Room off the kitchen and honestly, heard no noise. I did ask for a room off the street after reading some other posts about street noise. The rooms are very clean and we had a full size (American) shower. The location of the B & B is fantastic and a short 2-5 minute walk to most everything in any direction. Just a caution, you might not want to ever return home. Thank you, Riccardo and Lavinia for making our stay in Florence unforgettable. Peter and Lori
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. and Priceline so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence