“Highlight of Florence”

and up
Classic Chianti Hills Fiat 500 Tour
Ranked #50 of 376 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel of a vintage Italian 1960's FIAT, a car so stylish that you look cool even in the heat of August! Voted "sexiest car in the world" by Top Gear. Join one of our convoy tours for the most fun you've had in years!Itineraries include picnics, panoramic swimming pools, wine and olive oil tastings and more.
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are so glad we booked the wine tasting tour we cannot say enough! It was an absolute delight to drive through the Tuscan countryside in the vintage Fiats. If you'd like to see Tuscany without going far from city centre, this is the best way to do so.

David was a terrific tour guide and knew so much about the local agriculture. I felt as if we'd received a course on Tuscan food and wines by the time we were finished with the tour.

The wine tasting featured 4 wonderful wines produced by the villa that shared their clubhouse. It also included olive oil tasting and a light lunch... in the wine cellar. It is clear that the work this couple has done to scout locations for their tours has paid off! Everything was superb.

We were the only members of the tour which worked out perfectly as it happened to be on the same day as the Florence marathon. Due to the marathon route, it was impossible to get out of the city via taxi. By the time we realized this, we were already late. We spoke with David and he promised that if we could make it approximately 15 minutes walking after crossing the bridge from city centre, we could find a taxi to take us the rest of the way - and was absolutely correct. He was gracious enough to wait for us though we were close to an hour late. So thankful for his patience and helping us get there!

If we return to Florence, another tour from 500 Touring Club will be at the top of our list!

BeppePersico, Owner at 500 Touring Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Holly,
thank you for this very detailed and very nice review !
I'm sorry about the whole marathon thing but I'm glad we worked it out together and we still had the chance to have the wonderful tour that we shared. You are welcome to come back and enjoy the "bella vita" anytime you want :)
All the best,

in 30 reviews
"olive oil"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Driving through the countryside of Tuscany has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, so this was a tour I definitely wanted to try during my first trip to Europe. My husband found this tour through the internet and signed us up. David was our tour guide and we had a small group of 7 people, which was the perfect size for an intimate experience. The vintage Fiats were beautifully maintained and the experience of riding them is unforgettably fun. Just know you have to be an experienced manual stick driver to drive them. The opportunity to stomp on actual Italian grapes at the Villa Le Piazzole was definitely the highlight of the day! Another bucket list item checked off during this tour. The villa was also beautiful and the lunch we had in their wine cellar was so delicious and impressively set up. Thank you David and the 500 Touring Club!

BeppePersico, General Manager at 500 Touring Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hey guys,

it's been lovely to have and to spend the day with you. Thank you so much for this beautiful beautiful review and for all the lovely photos; I always love the ones with happy people grape-stomping !
Thanks for all the fun guys, and you are definitely welcome to any of our tours again anytime !

take care,
David

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had an amazing experience on 'Beppe' and Andrea's FIAT tour. Even as a Florentine I was excited to drive around Tuscany and explore my region in a different way. It was fun driving Paola, the red Fiat 500, those cars are really amazing!

If you are in Florence you have to take at least one of their many Fiat 500 tours. The tours range from driving an unforgettable vintage Fiat which can involve olive picking and pressing, grape picking and stomping, wine tasting even romantic itineraries.

Five stars.

Dear Niccolò,

it was so much fun spendig the day with you guys and the compliments of a native Florentine are extremely appreciated ! Thank you so much for the supernice review, and for the good times and laughs...
All the best,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My brilliant wife bought us wine tasting tour with the 500 Touring Club. It would be impossible to think of a more unique and rewarding way to tour Tuscany.

I can't say enough good things about the 500 team, all highly professional and friendly. Our guide, David, beamed with enthusiasm and demonstrated the kind of deep local knowledge that comes from growing up in the area and the palette of someone who has undergone training as a sommelier. David has lived in both the United States and Australia, and his American accent is so good that I kept forgetting that he grew up in Tuscany, not Illinois.

If you're heading to Florence, don't miss the chance to drive these beautifully restored classic cars through the Tuscan countryside.

1  Thank chad_fennell
BeppePersico, General Manager at 500 Touring Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Chad,

thank you so much for this amazing review, and for the compliments !
I had such a good time touring , and drinking ;) with you guys, and I was extermely happy that you enojoyed your italian vintage-car-drivearound-plus-food-and-wine birthday in Italy.
You're in my heart and in my good memories... come back for your wife's birthday as well, we'll always have a special place for you guys

David

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We went on the picnic tour in our red fiat 'Paula' for our final day in Florence before Verona and it turned out to be one of the best days of our Italian honeymoon. We made several stops on the tour to take pics and discuss the traditions of the region, and soaked up the sun with the roof off driving along the quiet roads.
At the end of the tour we had a traditional buffet lunch with plenty of wine to go round and got to know everyone on the tour. All told, a fantastic day out not to be missed!

BeppePersico, Owner at 500 Touring Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Luke,

I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed "the italian job" on our little amazing cars. We're honoured and very happy that you guys chose to include a drive around the chianti hillside with us in your honeymoon and that you also enjoyed the food and the wine, as well as the company :)
Thanks for the super-nice review, it means a lot to us