“Can't wait to do this again!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Self-Drive Vintage Fiat 500 Tour from Florence: Tuscan Wine Experience
Ranked #26 of 323 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Take the wheel of a vintage Italian 1960's FIAT, a car so stylish that you look cool even in the heat of August! Voted "sexiest car in the world" by Top Gear. Join one of our convoy tours for the most fun you've had in years!Itineraries include picnics, panoramic swimming pools, wine and olive oil tastings and more.
Florence, Italy
“Can't wait to do this again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Probably the best thing to do in Florence when you are finished with the museums, landmarks and galleries.....in fact, if you are short on time, give the touristy stuff a miss (you can always 'google' it!) and make sure you book in for this fantastic tour of the Tuscan countryside. It's definitely an experience not to be missed. They have a great website with all the information you need to decide on the tour that is right for you as well as a little insight into the cars themselves. You will fall in love with the Fiats ( they all have their own names) and our guide was delightful. So arrivaderci Olivia, Fernando and Beppe. We will definitely look you up next time we are in Florence and will carry wonderful memories of our morning together driving through the little villages, vineyards and olive groves that make this tour of Tuscany a 'must do' life experience.

Visited May 2014
BeppePersico, Owner at 500 Touring Club, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Jane,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed the tour out with us, and glad you found it a nice escape from touristy stuff :)
Thanks for writing such a sweet and loving review here, we hope to see you again in Florence sometime! Until next time,

Best regards,

Temple, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful Cars, Beautiful Countryside, Tasty Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I booked the Wine Tour through 500 Touring Club in April 2014. It was one of the highlights of our 3 week trip through Italy! We booked last minute around midnight the night before and they were still able to fit us in. Driving the Fiat 500s through the Tuscan hills was relaxing and exciting at the same time. The tour was very informative about the wines, olive oils, and other products made in the region. Lastly, the wine was delicious and plentiful! We ended up purchasing 2 bottles.

BeppePersico, Manager at 500 Touring Club, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Boy that was last minute !
Thank you for you kind review ! It was a pleasure to spend time with you guys and I'm glad you enjoyed the full tour and not just the ride in our amazing little cars.

Hope to see you again sometime, in the meantime, take care, and all the best,

David
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must if your in Florence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we we're really looking forward to our day out driving a vintage fiat 500! Being fans of most things from the past and big foodies we opted to do the wine tasting tour!

The correspondence via email and Facebook from the guys at the 500 Touring Club before the tour was great, they really took the time to answer all of our questions and it felt like the service was very personal.

We headed up to the clubhouse by catching the 41 bus which was an experience in itself. It felt like being on a ring and ride bus and the elderly ladies teamed together to make sure the bus stopped at the right place for us!

We were greeted by Beppe and after a short chat he told us Andrea and Lindsay were heading down to do something a little silly with us if we were up for it! They arrived, and with our fellow touring club companions we were asked to do a little jig for a short film, and this was before the wine!

The tour was amazing, driving through the Tuscan countryside stopping at 2 beautiful locations, perfect for some photos! We headed back to the club house where our touring club buddies left us to the wine tasting with Beppe.

The setting for the wine tasting was incredible, and the wine and lunch did not disappoint, Andreas honey being a nice little touch too! We had a great chat with Beppe (and could hear the rain outside) so he recommended us to head up to an exhibition in Florence and booked us a taxi.

All in all I would say this tour is a must for anyone visiting Florence. The cars are fantastic, the tour guides and team at 500 Touring Club were super and the views, wine and setting for the tour is what dreams are made of.

BeppePersico, Owner at 500 Touring Club, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for this beautiffully written and exceptionally detailed review!
It was great spending time with you and I am so happy you had a good time as well :)
And it's also lovely to know you you appreciated the service and the team as well as the tour and the wine !

Good luck with everything guys,
come back anytime !

Florence, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Bucket List Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

As a birthday surprise, my wife booked us a day driving a classic Fiat 500 drive the Tuscan countryside followed up by a 4 course cooking lesson at a 15th century villa with Chef Fabio Ugoletti. This was 2 bucket list items checked off my list and an experience we'll never forget! Thank you 500 Touring Club for such an incredible day! Here is a video of our day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70z3GSCZoU

Visited March 2014
BeppePersico, Manager at 500 Touring Club, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
What a super nice review ! Thank you so much for taking the time write this.
We are so happy to know that you had a good time with us, our cars, and the cooking class.
We love birthday tours and we were happy to give you a special one !

Come back anytime, it's been a pleasure to have you.
Best of luck,
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the highlights of our vacation trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I booked the picnic tour a few weeks prior to our vacation. I had heard about it on a podcast I was listening to, and then checked the website for more details. We both loved our day! Nico (I hope I'm spelling this correctly!) was our guide that not-so-sunny day. He is the best!! He was so easy to talk to and funny to boot. The weather made it so we had the lunch in the wine cellar. That did not hamper our enjoyment of the day at all. I had notified them in an email that I was gluten free. To my delight, there were gluten free rolls, pasta and a dessert there for me. The wine was great, the olive oil was delicious, and we even got treated to some local honey to add to the meal.
The car ride was just a blast. My husband loved driving the double clutch little car (ours was Topsy) and zipping around the Italian streets. The scenery was just what we were hoping to see.
This was a treat for us. We would do it again if given the chance!

Visited April 2014
BeppePersico, Public Relations Manager at 500 Touring Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear MOtherofPearl70,

Thank you for this amazing and very detailed review !
I'm happy you had a lovely time and you took time to recommend us to others; it was nice to have you and to share our world with you for a day.
Also I loved that you appreciate the care we put in every little detail; it was a pleasure for us to provide you with gluten-free treats. I hope it was as nice for you to spend time together as it was for me... come back anytime !

all the best!