Academy Hostel
US$303
US$282
US$258
Agoda.com
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$233
Orbitz.com
US$370
US$354
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfasttrain stationamazing locationbedside tableeurope tripil duomoaccademia gallerycommunal areasprivate bathroomrooms are spaciousair conditioningside streetmain sightsgelatolockwifidorm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Guys! This hostel is the one you have to stay if you are going to Florence. Excelent price, ubication and the best of all the good vibrations of the girls that work there! Don't miss it. This hostel and girls makes Florence even more beautiful! Ciao!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was traveling around Italy with my friends and the Academy Hostel was the best we stayed in! The staff are very friendly, helpful and fun. They even went out of their way to actually take us around different restaurants and bars, especially Rosa, the best guide in Florence. You must look her up! Florence was definitely my favorite stop. Wish I could've stayed longer - will definitely ome back, and stay at the Academy Hostel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hostel has 2 positive characteristics: great rooms and perfect location. Typically, its one or the other; Academy had both!

Rooms: i stayed in a shared room, but it didnt feel like that at all. The 5 person room had a dramatically large window, open space , had a high ballroom-like ceiling that extended 2 floors and a spiral staircase. Although it was a shared room, i feltmlike i had my own room, because the beds were so spread apart an separated by privacy dividers. Also there are lockers & electric lanterns included (in case you need to use the bathroom at night and do not want to stumble or turn on the,main lights). Also, the bathrooms were top notch-}private and clean! Probably cleaner than my own shower at home.

Location: literally a stone's throw from The Dome. I enjoyed walking past it every morning. Several blocks south of Michaelangelo's original David and a couple blocks north of Palazzo Vecchio. Florence in general is pretty walkable in the first place- this hostel made it even easier to explore!

The cons: I had an overall posiive experience. The only drawbacknis the hostel is locked for a coupke hours during the day for cleaning (the results if cleaning are very noticable when you return). But typically you will be out touring or eating during the earky afternoon, so this did not affect me at all.

Ill definitely stay here again- the staff was friendly, spoke multiple languages and made me feel at home!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I love Academy hostel! This hostel has everything a traveler needs. From free usage of computers (with internet), free wi-fi, well equipped kitchen for those who prefer making their own meals, single beds (yes, no bunk beds!), clean bathrooms, clean hostel and the staff are very pleasant. What more can you ask for? I would definitely stay here again when I visit Florence. In fact, Academy Hostel should have branches all throughout Europe! The thing I like best about it is not a party hostel at all! Most of the people I met were about 25-35 years old. We were just chilling at the terrace and bought ourselves a bottle of wine from the corner shop and we just stayed there for ages sharing stories and everything about traveling! I loved it. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was traveling around Italy and stayed in many different hostels, but this one was the best! One of the staff members (she's super cute and nice!) took us to bars in Florence, and we all had a great time! My only complain will be the ice-cold-shower, but other than that, the hostel was clean and convenient! I loved the location and the friendly atmosphere as well! I will definitely go back! Miss this place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo