“I could live there!”

Ranked #26 of 305 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Hobart, Australia
“I could live there!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

An absolutely fantastic experience. Stayed there for 8 nights, and was more than comfortable. It is in the best location (30 secons from the Duomo, 15 minute walk to the train station - with 3 pieces of luggage!), breakfast was decent, the wifi was unfailing and the staff were super friendly and helpful (and funny too!). The snacks and wine out on the balcony are really great as well - as a solo traveller it was the perfect way to meet new people. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean and... It hardly costs anything. Couldn't ask for more, really!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The location of this hostel is great. So close to the Duomo, you can pretty much walk anywhere in Florence from here. The rooms where clean and spacious and the bathrooms where great too. The staff where great, and they offer free wine and nibbles every night for happy hour. A great place to meet people. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The location of this place right near the Duomo, plus the friendly staff & it's cleanliness make this hostel unbeatable. They offer a nightly happy hour with wine & a snack (pasta salad, pizza, fresh mozz & tomato) on the terrace, which is a great way to meet other travelers. The kitchen was used by a bunch of people, including myself, during my stay & while the breakfast is basic, it's enough to get you going. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rowratheart
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 20 June 2014

It took us a while to find the hostel but it is actually just right next to the alley of the Duomo church! The receptionist was very friendly and helpful upon checked in as well as giving us directions. I love the ambiance of the hostel that we could actually spend our time at the terrace looking at the sky and letting time passing by...

The room is exactly what is describe. Each of us have a cubic and can have some personal time. It is clean, comfortable.

Generally you may get almost everything just right next of the street: restaurants, convenience stores etc.

This was our best stay of our trip!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a great hostel, right next to the Duomo, in the heart of Florence. Everything is within walking distance. The hostel is very clean and secure and has a great atmosphere, with an outside terrace to meet people from all over the world. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the Academy Hostel for 3 nights, I was amazed as soon as I walked in, I got to the Hostel early, you are allowed to store your bags until check in at 2.30 pm and the staff are great and helpful! I met some really nice people during my stay there and I wish I could have stayed longer. The Hostel is bright and happy. I just loved the pictures of the cats all over the place.
The location is just awesome right in the middle of the city and super easy to find. I would recommend this Hostel to anyone traveling solo or with friends to Florence. It really enhanced my time and experience in Florence.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sharing with others a 4 dorm room is great for solo travelers if you want to m...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My friend and I were backpacking and we got off the train in Florence late in the evening. We had a little trouble finding this hostel due to signage but once we did they welcomed us in without a booking. It was in a terrific location - close to everything. The rooms were reasonably priced and clean too. There were lovely extras, such as free bruschetta and wine, such a treat for backpackers. We really had such a lovely time, I've since recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013