“Always Brilliant”

Trattoria I'RADDI
Ranked #159 of 2,808 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$7 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have been eating at I Raddi for the last 5 years or so & we have not had anything less than excellent food & friendly welcoming service. We've eaten traditional italian dishes but are more likely to choose their wonderful & tasty variations on an Italian theme. We have eaten all over Italy & this restaurant comes into our top 5, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This little tucked away place off Via Serragli is run by young people who get that at a hole in the wall trattoria people still want excellent food, good cheap wine and a cozy venue. I Raddi delivers all three elements skillfully. The house wine is superb and inexpensive. The menu is full of non-traditional tweaks and true to tradition Florentine dishes, and the staff are quick with service and a joke or smile. At lunch one item off each section of the menu is only 3 Euro and so if you choose, you can eat well and pay little. But, the real pay-off here is the quality of the food- fresh, well prepared and often a little modern. It is clean, hopping with only locals and lots of fun. I almost didn't review it so that I could enjoy it myself!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is our local as we are staying at residenza il carmine. Wonderful food with lots of choices, whether you want typical Tuscan or inventive dishes. Seek this place out if you "don't want to eat with the tourists ." (We, of course, are travelers...)
Reservations a must if you don't want to be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Tucked away in a back street and hard to fine but we'll worth the effort

Although fairly typical in appearance the crowd were mostly young and arty by 8.30 pm

The menu was very unusual - not the standard Tuscan dishes - far more interesting and adventurous. In a rustic way!

We all loved the meal - the roast pork being particularly notable but the salads also good

We will be back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Found this great spot in a side alley and was pleasantly surprised. The caprese salad was delicious. Ordered the spinach dumplings in octopus ragu. Very bold flavors, almost too bold for me. Also sampled the filet of sole, a complete knock out. The service was extremely helpful and the hostess spoke English well. Definitely worth a look.