“Salty and expensive!”

Ranked #143 of 2,712 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Pitti
London, United Kingdom
“Salty and expensive!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were recommended this place by our hotel and checked the tripadvisor reviews to be sure and ordered the Tuscan bean soup which was the nicest dish but unfortunately had better the night before. Pasta cinghilae (wild boar ragu) and beef stew definitely was the heavy hand with salt!!! Was drinking plenty of water all night long!
All in all the place was cute but the food sub par!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Welsh Borders, UK
“Unassuming but excellent”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The welcome was genuine in this very pleasant room, and we were shown to nice size table for two. Our mixed antipasto starter nearly filled it. Pecorino with shaved truffles, all kinds of raw and cooked hams and sausage, chicken parfait, salads and olives - we should have ordered one rather than for two! But all top quality, delicious. Then my wife had a spaghetti with venison and I had a rich braised beef dish, and mixed roast vegetables. All this, two glasses of house white and a bottle of good red came to 90 euros. The service throughout was charming and helpful and we came out feeling warm and satisfied, despite the gently falling snow.

Visited February 2012
Northridge, California, United States
“I'd eat every meal there!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Just great great Tuscan food. Their polenta with a ragu of cinghiale is probably the best meal I've ever had. We would have eaten there two nights in a row but they were closed the second night. I'm not a fan of Firenze but I'd travel there just to eat at this restaurant.

• Visited January 2012
Moscow
“Excellent beefsteak”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The best impressions about this osteria. The place for a supper is better for reserving in advance. The Florentine beefsteak delightful!

• Visited January 2012
Florence, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The older waiter we had removed our plates and started eating the off of them while taking them in the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I am almost at a loss for words! I have never in my life seen anything so unprofessional in my life. Being that the man serving us was well into his 60's, I am more than sure that he has been serving for quite some time now. I noticed in the back room there where two servers that were younger and seemed to be much more professional than the "career waiter" we had. The food wasn't bad but the server ruined the night for us. If it wasn't enough that he had eaten off our plates while still in the dining room, we then caught him by the dessert case picking away at the puff pastries with his fingers!!!! I noticed that the owner or manager was standing right next to him and said nothing!!! All in all an experience that was more like a bad dream. Would not go back even if the food was offered "on the house!!"

Visited November 2011