“Top value for a Family-style meal - get there early” 5 of 5 bubbles

Trattoria Marione
Ranked #382 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Nambour, Australia
“Top value for a Family-style meal - get there early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Saw this place with people waiting outside for it to open at 7 or 7.30 (I forget), so we checked out the menu and then the door opened. People rushed in to get a seat, so we followed. It must be good. We got one of the last seats, near the kitchen door. The staff were absolutely on fire and so friendly and helpful. Drinks and bread came out first, while we saw what others ordered. It looked amazing. The food came out quickly and perfectly delicious. People were photographing their meals. I can see why. Gave the amazing staff a tip. They earned it and when we left, there was a large queue waiting outside for a table. Loved this place, and would go again. As seating was quite close, it’s not a romantic style place.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved It! Worth the Wait.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Found this place while walking around - used the local standard: if there is a wait it is worth it. Friendly and good food and atmosphere. Want to come here again. I heartily recommend it to anyone, tourist or local. Worth the wait!

Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
“Small but lively place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Dined here on the recommendation of a hotel owner from the Cinque Terre. A nice menu with reasonable prices, clearly a favorite with the locals. Pasta was fantastic and a few in our party had beef dishes and soup, which they raved about. The service was prompt and friendly. Florence restaurants are often disappointing, but not this one.

• Visited October 2013
Mission Viejo, California
“Best meal I had in Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just happened to come across this trattoria walking around Florence. Their menu of the day was posted outside so one can see the prices. There were local people eating inside the cozy place & it looked clean, so we thought, ehh why not. We were seated to a little table where you can have a view of the cook/chef in the kitchen, w/c was nice. The waitress & waiter spoke English & was very helpful w/ the menu suggestions, wine, etc. On the menu they tell you the $2/pp cover charge.

My hubby ordered the Beef Stew & I ordered the Lamb (as suggested by the waiter that it's better to order 2 different items + Lamb is just my fave). They gave us the usual bread, EVOO, balsamic vinegar. Our meals came & ... the Beef Stew was amazing, melt-in-your-mouth, full of flavor, just heavenly!!! The Lamb looked bone-y at first glance, but it was actually full of meat (some flavorful fat too-to forewarn those who don't like to eat fat). The potatoes were delicious. They don't skimp either (maybe on the side salad). I must confess I literally licked (w/ bread) both plates clean (I know, had to do it. It was that delicious!).

We ordered a bottle of wine w/o verifying the 2 prices on the menu (our bad). The wine menu had 2 columns of prices... $3 & $13. Told my hubby, no way was the bottle $3; but we've bought good wines at supermercato for close to that price. Plus the bnb we stayed at said $3-$5 wines in Italy are good enough, unless you are a wine connoisseur you won't know the difference. We didn't finish the whole bottle & they let us take it home. Even though we're budget travelers, $13eu bottle o' wine is not going to make a big dent. Still cheaper than what the cruise lines charge.

One, no two regrets...I wish we had dessert :( And, I wish we'd stayed longer in Florence.

• Visited November 2013
Oslo, Norway
“So good I went twice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice litte restaurant with really friendly staff who speak good English. Went first for dinner. Had roast lamb and potatoes. I would have liked some vegetables with it but it was still nice. Next day came back and was pleased with a bill of 18 euros for a lunch of pasta, 1 litre water, 2 glasses of wine and a cappuccino. Excellent value. I enjoyed sitting and soaking up the atmosphere and watching the staff go about their business. You could tell they really take pride in what they do. Nice place.

• Visited November 2013