“Possibly the best coffee in Florence”

Cantinetta dei Verrazzano
Ranked #191 of 2,907 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$15 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was recently in Florence for five weeks to study Italian and explore the city. I am a bit of a coffee snob (I've been roasting my own for 15 years) and, after a bit of research, learned this place serves beans roasted by Caffè Piansa, one of the best in Florence. Well, since the CP cafe is not handy to the Centro Storico, I made this 'forno' a daily stop after classes, and during my weekend rounds of the old city. It did turn out to be the best, and most consistent, coffee I had in Florence on the trip...espresso, macchiato, cappuccino, etc...all were great. The baked goods are likewise exemplary, and their stuffed foccacia is fantastic, with a wide variety of fillings...a great, inexpensive choice for a quick lunch or snack. The people are friendly and I developed a nice chatty rapport with several behind the bar. Can't wait to get back! I can't say anything about the more complete menu they serve in the two small dining rooms, but I'm sure it is up to the high standards of the coffee and the bakery.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stumbled across this beautifully decadent but modest venue purely by accident. Dining here made me reminisce of times gone by and there was a elegant but understated air of class and refinement whilst lunching here. The house wine was exceptional and is from their own vineyards and the food was presented in true Florence style.

1  Thank joshuapaul73
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Adults and kids enjoyed it. We went for wine and light dinner. Great waiter! He helped us navigate the menu. Quaint. Great place to stop for a bite and a glass of wine. Chickpea pancakes were tasty with veggie and prosciutto. Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had breakfast here daily as we were staying just next door and the bake goods were just amazing. Service was also always with a smile from the staff. I really enjoyed the relaxed ambiance and old-world charm of the place too. Made me super-relaxed for our vacation.

1  Thank mastimastimasti
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very cosy wine bar, good choice of wines and antipasti, friendly staf/ i will definetly recommend this place for a light meal in the evening.