“Awesome as always”

Taste Florence
Ranked #12 of 154 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Voted Best Food Tour by The Culinary Travel Guide, this is a delicious way to begin your stay in Florence. We are Sommeliers, Culinary Professors, and Licensed Guides- but no worries, you'll have fun while tasting your way through Florence. Join our four hour Taste Florence Food Tour, and taste cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, antipasti, wine, gelato and several more local specialties. Featured in the Washington Post, The Dallas Morning News, The Toronto Star, The Boston Globe, The Newcastle Herald, on the CBC, on Voice of America, Deutsche Welle and more. Taste Florence with us and get the insider's edge on what to eat and where to find it.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was my 4th tour with Toni. I am a food tour specialist and she is my go-to girl in Florence for all of my small groups. Great personality offering great food tastings and loads of fun, personal knowledge. Do not pass this opportunity up - great value for $.

1  Thank Beau4
in 7 reviews
"love food"
"no pressure to buy"

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Group of 6 amateur cooks, ages 16-59. Mid Feb, 2014 visit. Tour was led by Alessandro who was fun, informative, attentive and provided us with a great introduction to Florence! We visited and sampled the fare at butchers, bakers, a cafe, a gelateria, a fascinating wine cellar and the Mercato Centrale. We chatted and walked at a comfortable pace learning about many local food spots! We would all recommend the tour and are especially grateful we were led by Alessandro!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Alessandro was our guide. Very friendly and personable. All of the food that we had was excellent from the cured meats to pastries to chocolates. For my husband and I, the wine tasting was the highlight of the tour. The establishment had a nice vibe and listening to the the owner/sommelier describe the wines that we were tasting with such passion was amazing to us average wine drinkers. Only had a small yogurt and an espresso for breakfast beforehand. There was so much food to sample that we weren't able to eat everything. We did go back to several of the places throughout our stay in Florence.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this tour after reading lots of reviews on TA and boy am I glad I did. Just by emailing the company I was able to make a reservation for Dec 27th for the three of us. They confirmed and the day before the tour I received a reminder email. They are very efficient!! We met at a butcher store very close to San Lorenzo market. After a brief intro our tour started by offering us prosciutto ham, Parma and Tuscan. Yes there is a difference and you will taste it. Afterwards we sent to a tiny bakery that has been baking biscotti's for specialty stores and restaurants around the city. Of course we tasted them and they were delicious and fresh. Next we went to a bakery where we sampled a soft dough sandwich with prosciutto and cheese and another one that was more like a ciabatta bread with cheese spread. Then we went to the Central Market. WOW!!! This place has been there for hundreds of years and the stalls are passed down from generations to generations. We were given a lesson on how the meat is cut, processed, sold and cooked. We had a delicious beef roast sandwich that just melted in our mouths. Next was the winetasting. 4 classicos (red and white) we also sampled cheese, cold cuts and jams. I bought a case of wine and had it shipped home (yes they do ship) Next was another bakery where we had coffee and a delicious pastry puff filled with a lite vanilla cream. Our final stop was a chocolate shop where we met the owner and we enjoyed a rich, thick hot chocolate and a superb chocolate spread. The tour lasted 4 hours and we walked to all the establishments. Good thing because by the time we arrived to the next place we were too full
All I can say is that out of the 11 days that we spend in Italy this tour was by far the highlight.
THIS IS THE TOUR TO TAKE, not only do you eat and really get your money's worth but the valuable explanations that are given about the Tuscan diet, cooking and traditions are super interesting. Some if these recipes represent old traditions and they have a story behind them. Book the tour at the begging of your stay in Florence rather than later. The tour also serves as an orientation to the city. You can always go back to certain places if you want but by taking the trip early in your stay, you will also gain knowledge about other restaurants that are recommended by the tour guide. Our guide gave us a great recommendation where to eat the traditional Tuscan Steak!!! Lastly seize the moment----if you want to buy a bag of biscottis during the tour get them then, same with the wine, olive oils and chocolates. Some places are closed on Sundays and holidays and you not get another chance. My girlfriend could have kicked herself for not buying some chocolates to take home as souvenirs...there are no other chocolatiers like this one anywhere in Florence and Rome. Trust me...don't wait for the last day to shop....If I'm ever in Florence again, I will take this tour again!!!!

4  Thank Rosemary Z