“Food and Wine Tasting”

Taste Florence
Ranked #8 of 142 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Voted Best Food Tour by The Culinary Travel Guide, this is a delicious way to begin your stay in Florence. We are Sommeliers, Culinary Professors, and Licensed Guides- but no worries, you'll have fun while tasting your way through Florence. Join our four hour Taste Florence Food Tour, and taste cheeses, balsamic vinegars, olive oils, antipasti, wine, gelato and several more local specialties. Featured in the Washington Post, The Dallas Morning News, The Toronto Star, The Boston Globe, The Newcastle Herald, on the CBC, on Voice of America, Deutsche Welle and more. Taste Florence with us and get the insider's edge on what to eat and where to find it.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Food and Wine Tasting”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be the only customers today so we had our guide Alessandro all to ourselves

Just a wonderful tour, great people, great food knowledgable guide

Many thanks

1 Thank Silvermead

Valletta, Malta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our tour guide was named Alessandro who clearly has a passion for food. He taught us things about food we didn't know before and took us to stalls and shops I would certainly have passed by without barely a second glance. I loved this tour. The guide had impeccable English and was charming. A historian by profession, Alessandro is destined for greater things.

Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Well worth the time and money”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We chose Taste Florence based on excellent reviews, and we were very please that the excellent reviews were right on.

First of all, follow their advice and do not have a lot for breakfast, all the food from the tastings will carry you almost to dinner. During our booking process they were very informative and responsive (we had just a few days in Florence, and needed to schedule other things, too.)

Our guide was a Florence native, but spoke excellent english. She was one of the best tour guides we have ever had. She knew a lot, and presented it very, very well.

The tour is over four hours, but there are significant spells when you might be able to sit. And there are some stairs here and there.

They created a second tour on our tour day specifically to keep the tours small.

Taste Florence receives our highest recommendation without any reservations.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As instructed didnt have much for breakfast and this proved to be a good idea. The tour was well paced and the food was of a high standard and so tasty and varied. I had my two teenage kids with me and they loved everything including the olive oil and balsamic vinegar ! The Gelato they of course loved ! The following day we had a couple of hours to spare before we flew back and revisited two bakeries and the market for the boiled beef brisket which we all loved. Do it

Toronto
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Heed the advice on the website not to eat a big breakfast – I thought I’d be ok as I can usually eat a lot, but much to my chagrin I ended up too full to enjoy everything fully!

My tour was with Alessandro, who was very pleasant, and knowledgeable on his subject. The tour was a little over 4 hours, but was well paced. I did not feel rushed at any point during the morning, and Alessandro was very forthcoming with information and wonderful about answering questions.

There were a number of stops at small shops that on my own I would not have known to visit, as well as a stop at the market for Bollito di Manzo – delicious! We sampled a variety of cured meats, local pastries, wine, olive oil, balsamic, and of course gelato!

I would highly recommend this tour, and may just take it again when back in Florence, but on an empty stomach!