“Cute neighbourhood and good wine”

EnotecaBar Fuori Porta
Reserve with
EnotecaBar Fuori Porta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #563 of 2,704 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Piazzale Michelangelo
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute neighbourhood and good wine”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

A friend and I just went in for a glass of wine before dinner a Zeb down the block (which gets a *****!). It seemed like a very local place - bartender and patrons weren't particularly excited to see two tourists in their neighbourhood bar, although they weren't unfriendly. Good wine, cute atmosphere. Neither disappointed nor thrilled.

Visited April 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hawthorne, CA
“Delicious food with friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We were on our honeymoon and our B&B recommended this restaurant. I'd say it was the best dinner of our trip. The staff helped us select some Tuscan specialties to try and everything was so fresh and delicious. Thank you Fuori Porta!

• Visited October 2011
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheerful service, delicious sizzling fried cheese item”
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

Our waitress was the friendliest I've had yet in Italy. She recommended a nice Umbrian white wine. We ordered a sizzling cheese item with prosciutto draped on top and mushrooms underneath, caprese salad. Beautiful decor, nice patio. Would love to come here again.

Bellingham, Washington
“Meh”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Dropped in for a bite, looked charming enough. Sat outside and ordered a beer and an insalada caprese. First choice of beer was out of stock, second choice was as well, let the waitress recommend something that turned out to be an Italian lager, fair at best. Salad was alright, though it isn't easy to mess up a caprese. The mozz was very nice. Just as I was finishing up a hailstorm opened up and dumped on me and the couple next table over who were the only other customers outside. We laughed about it. One of the very bold local birds helped me clean up my plate (see attached photo). Can't really judge a place by a simple salad, but the waitress seemed to be in a bad mood or something which kind of spoiled the visit.

This would probably be a nice place to have a light casual dinner on the patio on a warm Summer evening, though there are a lot of tourists going by to and from the Piazzale Michaelangelo in the afternoon.

• Visited May 2011
West Milford, New Jersey
“Expected more”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Fodor's described Fuori Porta as "one of the oldest and best wine bars in Florence," so I had high expectations. Also, considering its close proximity to the Piazzale Michelangelo, I thought the view would be amazing. Well, there is no view, since this enoteca is located on the hillside climb up to the Piazzale Michelangelo. That was my first letdown. My second letdown was the service. I wasn't there to eat a full meal, I wanted a few glasses of wine and maybe some food. Our waitress would roll her eyes when we asked for the menu, especially after we'd been sitting at the table a good 15 minutes before anyone even came over. We would've drank and ate more but we were so neglected that we cut our happy hour short to try out another wine bar. Even the party of 6 sitting next to us remarked about our surly waitress. I'm sure the service here is usually better, but I'm honestly shocked that of all the spots to visit in Florence, Fodor's picked one with no view and no real exciting atmosphere. It just goes to show that experiences differ from person to person.

• Visited October 2011