“Worst meal we had in Italy!”

Enoteca Le Barrique
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Enoteca Le Barrique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #431 of 2,808 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$29 - US$47
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After spending 11 days travelling around Italy and having great meals at quite a few places we were extremely disappointed in this place. Very pretentious and overpriced, my wife made a comment about two Swedish women that came in looked around and left. And I quote; " I'm jealous of the ladies that left" It cost 50 Euros for two starters, two pasta dishes, and a bottle of water. We didn't even think about dessert, because the rest of the meal was so bad. The seats were uncomfortable and the staff didn't stop the flower guys that go around trying to sell to tourists. They let them come right in and peddle their wares, which I find offensive when you are at a supposedly sophisticated establishment. It makes me wonder where other folks are eating in Italy, because we can recommend some great places! We left hungry and feeling sick. I don't mind spending money for a good meal, but this was so bad. I felt like we had been robbed.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great restaurant -- great menu, good mix of traditional Italian and modern accents. Great setting -- outside garden is wonderful, and I have also eaten inside and it's quite nice. Great service. Good wine list -- mostly simple, mostly local. Also, I am pretty fond of the neighborhood.

1  Thank Skhyperion
Reviewed 30 July 2013

After reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor my partner and i decided to dine at this restaurant and we are really glad we did! We arrived at 7:30 and were the only ones in the restauant until about 9 when the locals started piling in. We sat outside in the very romatic and beautiful setting. The food was really fresh and delicious. The highlights were the scallop risotto, octopus and squid salad (freshest I have ever tasted), salmon and the house's specialty dessert. The meal was extremely affordable - we both had three courses and a glass of wine each for 85 euro.

The service was outstanding and we felt very welcomed in this non touristy restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who visits Florence, despite the short walk for the city centre.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our B&B host recommended this restaurant, located otra Arno as the locals say but just a couple of blocks from the river and very easy to get to. I had absolutely amazing beef and my wife had salmon, both were superb dishes. Service was outstanding, our server spoke excellent English and his wine recommendations were perfect (great for those of us who enjoy wine but were newbies to wines of the Tuscany region). Nearly everyone else in the restaurant were locals, and it was obvious this wasn't their first visit. Do yourself a favor-after a hectic day of seeing all the amazing sights of Florence, take a short walk or cab ride across the river and dine here-you won't regret it.

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I can't find the words for this excellent wonderful romantic dinner!
It was amazing!!
We eat very well every where in the toskana but here was the top of the top!
Incredible!