“Breakfast at the bar”

Neighbourhood: Duomo
Boulder, Colorado
“Breakfast at the bar”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stopped here early Sunday morning as the city was only slowly waking up. Ordered an espresso and a pastry at the bar and stood surrounded only by a few locals. The Barista takes his job very seriously and each drink is made to perfection.

Visited May 2013

Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
“Traditional cafe´in perfect location”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This cafe´is the equivalent to Gamberini in Bologna, the embodiment of tradition and style, classy wood boarding, beautiful decoration and traditional dressed staff makes you feel like in the ancient times. You have to pay first at the cash point (it causes confusion for tourists) and get your pastry at the pastry counter, than your coffee at the coffee bar (not knowing that makes you feel being fooled and pushed around). If you take your cappucino at the bar (al banco), you pay the same 1,50 euro like everywhere.

Beside the exellent cappucino and the decent pastry you get a wonderful view: You´re standing right in front of the Duomo!

• Visited March 2013
Naples, Florida
“Amazing baked goods, and worth every calorie!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Yes, it's expensive, but worth it! We chose to sit and gladly paid the extra euro. They have some miniatures, so we were able to select an assortment.

Visited October 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Total Rip Off”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I had really been enjoying our trip to Florence until our experience with this place. We walked up to the display and picked out the pastries that we wanted to eat. We sat down and enjoyed the pastries and then got our bill. The prices were shown next to each item in the display but the prices were different on the bill. For example. My wife had a little pastry that was $5 euros and I had a little cheesecake that was $5 euros but the bill said $8 euros for each one. When I asked about the discrepancy I was told it was because we sat down to eat the pastries inside instead of taking them with us. All in all we paid (for other items as well) a total of $9 euros additional because we sat down at a table inside. No where did it mention this inside the establishment. I spoke with the manager and he said 'don't cry, everyone pays'. I admit, I do have a short temper especially when I feel like I was robbed, so I dropped the money on the ground intentionally. The pastries weren't anything special. There are numerous pastry shops all around Florence that sell the same items and don't charge you to sit down and eat them.

• Visited September 2012
surrey
“Far to exspensive”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

£104 for 4 pizza's and 4 cokes !! service very slow, staff aloof & food no better than average (Pizza Hut is better)

Visited August 2012