“Wow! The real Florence!”
Review of La Spada

La Spada
Reserve with
La Spada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 2,704 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
London, United Kingdom
“Wow! The real Florence!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were recommended this place by a local guy and it certainly did not disappoint. Great to see local characters going about their daily life and sample some great Tuscan food at a very reasonable price.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Home Florentine home”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Very good Florentine food. I love the traditional vegetable soup with bread & the roasted chicken with very good roasted potatoes & a lot of good traditional dishes. You can always get good suggestion of food & wine by the waiter.

This is one of my favor restaurant in Florence, I come for lunch & dinner every time when I visit Florence. The decor, people & food give me a very warm & comfy home feeling!

• Visited July 2013
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great unassuming place to eat”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

You can easily pass by this place, but my advice is to go have a seat, request to be served by Francesco and get the steak dei fiorentini and Pici pasta, both were excellent. I also had the lamb and that was great, we went twice becasue Francesco really was a great server and made gtreat reccomendations.

• Visited August 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
“Wonderful Florentine food”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

A lot (and I mean a lot) of locals buy food here for takeout. That alone lets you know that a treat awaits for you. The ribollita is simply outstanding!

So why I am not giving it a full five stars? Because our waitress had her mind elsewhere. Serice at the counter, OTOH, was faultless.

• Visited July 2013
Texas
“Love La Spada”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I have been to La Spada quite a few times. He travels to Florence often and this is his favorite restaurant. He figures he has been over 30 times. I agree with the previous posters. La Spada does have many locals coming in but also plenty of tourists. We never have a reservation and have never had a problem. It's best to have one if you want to be safe though. We get a little bummed out when we have to sit very close to a couple we don't know but it is like that many other places in Florence too. My husband has tried all the meats at La Spada. He especially likes the roasted chicken and roasted potatoes. Not sure what they do to those potatoes but they are really good. When you first walk in, you can see some of the choices in the display window. My hands down favorite is the lasagna. It's so creamy! We also think their tiramisu is extremely good!

• Visited August 2013