“Super Cannoli siciliani”

Neighbourhood: Duomo
Sondrio, Italy
“Super Cannoli siciliani”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm not a real lover of Cannoli siciliani as my girlfriend and for sure Florence is not in Sicilia, but while I was looking for some good gelateria, Carabe came out of the research as the best place in Florence where find the best cannoli...so we gave it a try...
My girlfriend obviously appreciated it, for me the verdict was unexpected..I loved it!!
So for those who are in Florence and want a good place where try Cannoli even if it is not a speciality Florence, try it!

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, MD
“If Michaelangelo were alive now, he would eat gelato here!!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo Alfani right up the street across from the Academia and stopped by here every afternoon of our 5 night stay in Florence. There is no point in looking further as far as gelato goes.....theirs is pure perfection. Looks like it is made on premises which is not as customary as you would think. Favorite flavor was the Tiramisu which just was so creamy and delicious, I had to have it every day. Other flavors we tried were equally flavorful and rich., Now we know what gelato can truly be. We've sampled it in many countries inc other places in Italy, and none can compare!

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Skip the others, just go here...”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We heard the name of this little family gelateria from many friends and even a few tour guides. There's a reason for this good word-of-mouth. Its fresh, the flavors pop, and they try new things while keeping a health balance of the old.
ONLY eat gelato here!~

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Fruit flavours near the Accademia”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The perfect gelateria to visit when in the area to see the Accademia and the statue of David. Fruit lovers paradise. Granita of passion fruit. Pistachio, hazelnut, almond.

On their website, there's a coupon which states that you can get an upgrade in gelato cup size. I showed a picture of the coupon on my Smartphone to the server. He nodded as if he understood but didn't give us an upgrade or a price reduction. I guess he needed some help with the math.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gigis_mum
Parco C, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Gelateria Carabe, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear friend, it is with pleasure that I reply to his review.
Thank you for appreciating the passion with which we work the raw material quality.
I apologize to you for the coupon, the site where you found it is not our official site for many years now (our official website is www.gelateriacarabe.it).
But we always accept the coupon, significantly increasing the amount of ice cream cone or cup.
Our clients can have the number they prefer for each size and perhaps you was expecting a taste for more, instead we have increased the amount of ice cream that tastes you asked us, I believe this is the explanation, in any case I apologize for your disappointment and I invite you for a special tasting in your next trip to Florence.
Austin, Texas, USA
“Fantastic gelato!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great gelato! Got the fancy waffle cone w/chocolate, which was fresh and crispy. Very unique flavors here. I got the sicilian citrus and a flavor with olive oil, both were amazing. The gelato is not prepacked like most. The granita is also highly recommended. Very highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
Parco C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Gelateria Carabe, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Great! you've tried two of our special tastes and you walked into our philosophy: Spirit Sicilian Olive Oil and there will never forget you and us!