“So so”

Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We like creamy gelato. Theirs was more like ice milk. We did not care for it at all. Coffee gelato, was 'essence of'. I'm sure if we wanted a granita, vs gelato, we would have been happier

1  Thank Sandra S
There are newer reviews for Gelateria Carabe

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Easy to find and a great rest stop after an afternoon spent in the Accademia, the gelato flavors were divine!

My wife and I found this gelateria on a rainy afternoon after seeing Michaelangelo's David, and we were not disappointed! The owner was nice enough to let other tourists get some shade from the heavy rain, even if they weren't paying customers. :)

Wasn't able to try the granita, but will definitely come back and try that next time we are in Florence!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm not a real lover of Cannoli siciliani as my girlfriend and for sure Florence is not in Sicilia, but while I was looking for some good gelateria, Carabe came out of the research as the best place in Florence where find the best cannoli...so we gave it a try...
My girlfriend obviously appreciated it, for me the verdict was unexpected..I loved it!!
So for those who are in Florence and want a good place where try Cannoli even if it is not a speciality Florence, try it!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo Alfani right up the street across from the Academia and stopped by here every afternoon of our 5 night stay in Florence. There is no point in looking further as far as gelato goes.....theirs is pure perfection. Looks like it is made on premises which is not as customary as you would think. Favorite flavor was the Tiramisu which just was so creamy and delicious, I had to have it every day. Other flavors we tried were equally flavorful and rich., Now we know what gelato can truly be. We've sampled it in many countries inc other places in Italy, and none can compare!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We heard the name of this little family gelateria from many friends and even a few tour guides. There's a reason for this good word-of-mouth. Its fresh, the flavors pop, and they try new things while keeping a health balance of the old.
ONLY eat gelato here!~