“Pizza at its finest!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were determined to get the best pizza in Florence and we found it! The family is from Naples, pizza's origination, and they certainly know what they are doing! I had the marinara pizza, which is my favorite, as it really shows off good sauce and crust. This was to die for it was so delicious. My husband had mushrooms and spicy sausage and adored his as well. I ordered a glass of house wine but believe it may have been opened a little too long. The waitress spoke very little English but was extremely kind and accommodating. I switched to beer and she smiled and said "no problem". Gotta love her for making me feel ok about returning something, which I can't even do in the US so you can imagine how nervous I was trying to do it in another country. We thought this was worth our long walk to get there. BIG NOTE - they do not open for lunch until 12:30.

There are newer reviews for Il Pizzaiuolo

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We went here on a recommendation by a hotel concierge that used to work there. It was very busy even though we there in the off season. It seems to be popular with locals which was good to see, because I was getting tired of mediocre "only for tourists" food.

The service was not so friendly-the waitress definitely seemed to have an "eat and get out" attitude-though she was really hard to find when we were ready for the check.

Bottom line: expect great pizza, but that's all.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was told by my relative who is a frequent Firenze business traveler to check out this restaurant and ordered a take away margherita for lunch. by far the best pizza I've tasted without breaking my bank. Highly recommended!

1  Thank pixiedaisie
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our friend, who lives in Florence, said this was his absolute favorite pizza place, which, besides the point, drew a bit of controversy between him and our other friends who had differing opinions! Anyways we were all a bit skeptical after trying this other amazing pizza place, but our friend was determined to change our mind, so we went. We had a great time, the service was awesome and the food was just as good. I ordered the wrong thing on the menu because, being the ill-advised tourist I was, did not yet comprehend that every pizza did not include tomato sauce! My friend's pepperonish pizza was excellent and I recommend that to anyone who likes food. :)

1  Thank Shemscott
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Party consumed pizza and pasta. My pasta was a small portion well executed, but not as good as my dinner choice in size and caliber. Pizzas were well made by a clearly devout maker who's every move could be choreographed in a special cantilevered mirror above him. Next to a local farmer's market that was quite lively on midday Saturday.

Recommended by condo owner as a good local choice. On the east end of downtown district. I don't believe one could go wrong eating here.