“Pizza from the Gods”
Review of Il Pizzaiuolo

Il Pizzaiuolo
Ranked #203 of 2,704 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Santa Croce
London, United Kingdom
“Pizza from the Gods”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was hailed as producing the finest pizzas in Florence by the rep at our hotel (Platinhome) and, having visited, it's hard to disagree.

It may not be in the fanciest of locations, it may not have the most charming entrance, but sample one of their pizzas and I defy you not to come back begging for more.

In all honesty I can't recall what pizza I ordered, but two of us left with change from 50 euros which included a bottle of claret.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were here in September 2012 (tripadvisor didn't give me an option to put a date before May 2013). I hadn't written a review, I don't know why, but we went to an italian restaurant recently that served mozzarella as an appetizer, and this restaurant came again to my mind, so I decided to finally write a review!.

The place was a little crowed (actually a lot!) and we had to wait for a table for a while. I don't remember if they take reservations, but we didn't have one. But let me tell you, the wait was worth it!! It wasn't that much of a relaxing dining experience, because there were many many people, and it got a little noisy at times, so if you are thinking romantic dinner, don't go there. But if you want to have great food for dinner, and may be a little wine, this is your place!

I still have dreams of the Mozzarella di Bufala (I think that was the name, is the mozzarella cheese with tomatoes that you can see in the pictures)!! It is one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten!! The texture is creamy but yet firm, and the flavor is indescribable! It was a suggestion of our waitress, and I think we didn't thank her enough! The pizza was also very very good, don't get me wrong, and I could bet that as other people had said, it is the best pizza in Florence, but after that mozzarella, nothing else seemed good enough!!

If you are in Florence, don't miss it! And make room for an appetizer!! You won't regret it.

• Visited May 2013
Waldport, Oregon
“Pizza at its finest!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were determined to get the best pizza in Florence and we found it! The family is from Naples, pizza's origination, and they certainly know what they are doing! I had the marinara pizza, which is my favorite, as it really shows off good sauce and crust. This was to die for it was so delicious. My husband had mushrooms and spicy sausage and adored his as well. I ordered a glass of house wine but believe it may have been opened a little too long. The waitress spoke very little English but was extremely kind and accommodating. I switched to beer and she smiled and said "no problem". Gotta love her for making me feel ok about returning something, which I can't even do in the US so you can imagine how nervous I was trying to do it in another country. We thought this was worth our long walk to get there. BIG NOTE - they do not open for lunch until 12:30.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great pizza, not friendly service”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We went here on a recommendation by a hotel concierge that used to work there. It was very busy even though we there in the off season. It seems to be popular with locals which was good to see, because I was getting tired of mediocre "only for tourists" food.

The service was not so friendly-the waitress definitely seemed to have an "eat and get out" attitude-though she was really hard to find when we were ready for the check.

Bottom line: expect great pizza, but that's all.

• Visited March 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The best Margherita Pizza in Firenze”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was told by my relative who is a frequent Firenze business traveler to check out this restaurant and ordered a take away margherita for lunch. by far the best pizza I've tasted without breaking my bank. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014