“Beware - does not accommodate twin bedding configuration”

Hotel Home Florence
Ranked #91 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Couples & singles only!! This hotel was contemporary & a little too funky for me BUT had the best most comfortable beds & pillows for my whole Italian trip ! Heavenly . And the best towels & bathroom toiletries ( only wish I'd seen a housekeeping trolley coz I wanted more of the moisturizer!!) . Dumbest bathroom design EVER . Water goes EVERYWHERE , up there for thinking mate, NOT! Seriously , management needs to replace all the shower glass and extend it much further to avoid the flooding . The damage and ongoing maintenance needs to be addressed

Again , appreciate windows that open , shutters were broken probably due to non maintenance , all the debris accumulated has broken the rollers ,

I didn't get her name but the lovely older lady in the breakfast room was great. Coolest , hippest, breakfast! Yuk orange juice though .

Would possibly return with my partner coz he'd live the pool table . The evening eu5 drinks & nibbles are a great idea but anyone that walked by helped themselves too , so I objected paying for more than the wine ( great choice & generous pour) when they gobbled for free !

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Flavio_Ottanelli, Direttore generale at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Client,
thank you for your preference and to approciate our confortable and design hotel in Florence.
Best regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Home Florence

Reviewed 22 September 2013

we booked this hotel thinking it was near the old part of the city ... it is a bit of a walk, but worth it after all. When we arrived, I asked for a coffee which they made me and did not charge me for (lovely).
The breakfast the next morning was the best I had in my whole three weeks in Italy. All home made food ranging from cold meats and cheese (creamy ricotta), granola, yogurt, breads and cakes, juices, eggs, etc. When I asked if they had any gluten free options, they brought me out a plate of prewrapped muffins and toasties and then brought me freshly baked croissants and brioche! Afterwards, they told me to take the prewrapped cakes with me for the day.
Free wifi, but a little slow in the room.

Room Tip: bathroom is not not large
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Flavio_Ottanelli, Direttore generale at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Tina,
Thanks for your nice words! We are glad that you spent a pleasant stay in our hotel appreciating our home made breakfast. We hope to see you in soon. Sincerely

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This hotel was the best place we stayed during our trip to Italy. The breakfast was amazing! The staff was always very nice and helpful. The rooms were very spacious and designed with great taste. The only thing we didn't like, was the shower that it was small and difficult to not get the whole bathroom wet, small thing that was easy resolved by putting the extra towels on the floor before we showered. The internet connection was fast. We were very happy during our stay.
The hotel is located at about 10 minutes walk from the center of the City.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra M

Dear Sandra,
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Florence. We also thank you for the beautiful words you spent for all of us. We hope to see you soon again. Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We went to Florence in June and were really looking forward to the stay in the hotel due the good reviews.

The welcome was great - we were soaked from the rain and the offer of a coffee was very welcome. The hotel is white as the pictures show and the chairs and furnishings have seen better days - they are probably quite new but with suitcases and the like they looked quite battered in places but still looked nice. We were taken to the room by 2 boys carrying our luggage so first impressions were very good.

We came in to the room which like the rest of the hotel was white and quite damaged. We wanted to get out and explore so went to put everything in the safe to find we couldn't get it to work. We called reception who said they would send someone up; we waited 25 minutes during which we found the tv didn’t work. I ended up going down to reception, where i was told how to work the safe on the way back up to the room. We have both travelled a lot and know how safes work and was confident that it was in fact broken...after 2 visits to the safe and tv we were moved to a different room...only to find that the safe in this room didn’t work also. I went back to reception and told them to be told they didn’t have any solution except to call an engineer and that it would perfectly safe to leave our belongings in the room. For me this was unacceptable and ended up carrying around my valuables which was heavy and nerve racking as pickpockets are well known in the city.

The hotel did sort this out and we had a safe for the rest of the holiday; not a great start though.

Other issues:
The key cards didn't work and we had to rest our key each time we came back to the hotel which cast doubts over the security of the room
The hotel is advertised as having a terrace and Jacuzzi for sunbathing etc which is the main reason we chose this hotel...the cost of this for 3 hours is £200, an absolute rip off
Breakfast was fine but get down early to get a real selection
The room we were in didn’t have a remote for the tv or a bottle opener…both key when there is a fridge for drinks and a tv away from the seating but I was so fed up of complaining we just made do
The staff were either really good or pretty awful, there was a lady on reception that was visibly more interested in dealing with my boyfriend than me...which was quite funny really but you don't expect it in a 4 star hotel
In conclusion the hotel was overpriced and in need of some re-whitening and staff training. Pretty sure that there are nicer places to stay for much better prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry B
Flavio_Ottanelli, Direttore generale at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear Kerry,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for writing this review. We are very sorry for the inconveniences and sincerely apologize. Your comments will help us to keep on improving. We all hope you will come back one day for a comfortable and satisfying stay in our hotel. Best regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Having read previous reviews on this hotel, we were a little skeptical. However, I truly believe other people had unfortunate experiences as this hotel is marvellous. The reception staff were always willing to help with whatever we wanted, the breakfast was brilliant and set us up for the day. The staff at breakfast made us eggs and bacong when we were a little late down one day, they went out of their way to help. The design of the hotel was very stylish and our room although smaller than the photos was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. For the money we paid we really got a lot for our money. The hotel was about a 15 minute walk to the centre if the city, but you start to experience the hustle and bustle after 5 minutes. A lovely walk along the river to the city centre. Thank you Hotel Home, I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2013
Flavio_Ottanelli, Direttore generale at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our boutique hotel. We are really happy to read that you appreciated the courtesy and assistance of our staff, and that you found our hotel nice and comfortable. Waiting to welcome you again we send you our best regards!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

When we arrived at the hotel we were told that our room had been upgraded- it was a good size- the air conditioning was efficient, the room was very clean, the bed exceptionally comfortable and the decor attractive. The breakfast was good for a buffet breakfast with excellent coffee. The pool table was fun and overall I'd recommend the hotel. There were a couple of minor things that could have been repaired- the socket in our room was a bit dodgy and the we some places where the paint could have been touched up, but nothing major. A very pleasant short walk to the historic centre- a balcony would have been nice- but like many buildings in Florence these are in short supply!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Eleanor,
Thanks for staying at Home Florence and for writing such a nice review! We are happy to read your comments and realize that you are satisfied with your stay. We hope you’ll be back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

jacuzzi! £190-£120 hotel lovely breakfast ok but bread very small hard to toast. Slightly awkward sitting with strangers around a table for breakfast. Staff very informative about jacuzzi an made it out to be a big deal for them to fill and prepare as it takes 2 hours. I wouldn't be so apologetic if I knew it costs €190 and why would they moan so much about it you'd just get it done wouldn't you? We then reserved it a second time and said to leave the water in as we used it the night before it was an issue again to reserve it although we only wanted to watch the sun go down on the terrace as it was a good view. However not to our surprise the jacuzzi was empty we tried to fill it ourselves but didn't work so we just watched the sun go down and that was that. When we checked out in the morning James had a feeling that we would be charged for the jacuzzi as the booklet never mentioned any price but never mentioned it being free either. So the total for the 3 days stay city tax was €24 which is also ridiculas and then another €120 for the jacuzzi €148 for something we never knew we had to pay for. So I refused to pay it and the man behind the desk was very sarcastic in saying in response to my I wasn't informed of any price ' I don't think so Madame' although he knew himself that the 2 times I asked him he never said anything. So on I went to get him to call the manager who wasn't in who informed me that it's an extra room that they obviously need to charge for. So I said well not one price was mentioned the numerous times we asked to reserve it so how are we meant to know. Someone stayed an extra two hours to fill it. Would that matter if I was paying €190 for it? Why mention that? Why was it such a berdun to use. She then said sarcastically its our fault. Yes it is and ill wait here until its removed. I left the hotel only paying €24 city tax. Ruined my Florence experience

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank kathrynstevo91

Dear guests,
Thanks for staying at Home Florence. We are very sorry for the misunderstanding. Jacuzzi on the top floor is one of our best services, it is actually amazing since from up there you can enjoy a wonderful and romantic view of Florence. However his service is not free of charge and we are sorry if this was not clear. We apologize again for the inconvenience and hope to welcome you again.