“Quirky!”

Hotel Home Florence
Ranked #94 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel at the end of September. It certainly is different. Very convenient for walking to the city centre, and not too noisy at night with traffic. The room was very small, as was the shower room, but we were only in there to wash and sleep so not a problem. Breakfasts were always fresh and Paola, who served us most mornings was very attentive and helpful with any information we needed. We stayed in Florence for 5 nights, and I would probably only recommend this hotel for a couple of nights as there isn't really a communal area to sit and relax and have a drink.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Booked this at the last minute through Secret Escapes. Sounded good and I like Florence. Its advertised as a boutique hotel and it does live up to that billing, however it has lots of small but irritating issues. First we were promised a "on arrival" cocktail. It didn't happen, just keys and your rooms on the first floor. The room was nice and bright but the safe was broken and even though we reported this immediately and were promised a speedy resolution, that didn't happen either and every day we were there (3 days) we had to give our more valuable possessions to be put in the hotel's safe.

The shower room is just that. Shower, WC and wash hand basin. Ok but the shower had a habit of idling up right up to the top of the tray which meant your feet go a good wash but your shower was short so as to not flood the area.

Breakfast was nice, byut after the choice of tea or coffee you got the one cup, no refill unless you found the staff who would produce a second. I prefer a pot.

Would I go again. not sure to be frank.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crispsting
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Very nice hotel, design and decor make it very interesting. Quality of finish leaves a lot to be desired. Our shower drain was not working properly and we almost flooded the bathroom and the ventilation system was very loud so my wife couldn't sleep as the room upstairs from us had it on all night. Excellent breakfast and nice service. It could become an hidden gem if the maintenance of the rooms was notched up. Too bad!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Martina F, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for staying at Home Florence and for writing this review. We are really glad to read your appreciation for the design and décor of our hotel. At the same time we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you might have suffered during your stay. Your comments are extremely useful to us and will help to improve. We wish to let you know that at this stage we are already working in order to solve any kind of maintenance problem. We all hope you’ll be back one day for a definitely high quality stay. Our best regards.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

That Hotel Home received a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor is enough to make me doubtful of TripAdvisor! I stayed 5 nights at Hotel Home for work -- the hotel was selected and arranged by work not, me. The positives: the bed was comfortable, the towels large and fluffy, the WiFi worked excellently, and the breakfast was plentiful. The negatives: the hotel was located on a busy piazza and the road noise was exceptional. I asked for-- and received-- the only room without a window, on the fourth floor, which was great for noise reduction but horrible for my eyes. There were so few lights in the room I couldn't see properly, day or night; there was a skylight, but the skylight's shutter closed automatically in the rain, and since it rained during the day, the room was always dark like a cave. I could barely read my kindle, and each day, I put my makeup on at the office since there wasn't enough light in the bathroom. Also, everything broke or was sub-par: the heater stopped worked and/or made a horrendous noise (it varied), the iron shorted out, the hair-dryer required an adapter, the shower flooded the bathroom floor every morning, and the blanket I was given (to compensate for the heater) was covered in disgusting, dark brown-black stains. My other colleagues staying with me had similar complaints. Really, avoid this hotel if you can -- there are more beautiful options that are better positioned to the center of Florence.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

When i had Florence in mind for our anniversary getaway, I imagined all the beautiful art and architecture. However I didn't like the idea of staying in a hotel that was still stuck in the Renaissance period.Hotel Home Florence was different to all the others and within budget. It was ideally located near all the main attractions but yet if you wanted to be away from all the hustle and bustle of tourists this is a place to stay. Although we didn't spend a great deal of time in the hotel we found it very clean and modern.

The staff was amazing, Alessio and the other receptionist (half French half Italian), the two ladies who prepared delicious breakfast, they were all very nice and professional. i would definitely recommend Hotel Home to others and will most certainly come back.

thank you for a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Flavio_Ottanelli, Direttore generale at Hotel Home Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Zicovski,
we are happy to read your lovely comments! Thanks to appreciate our professional and nice staff. Come back soon for another fantastic stay!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked a Queen Room with a double bed, but was supplied with a small single room with a single bed without any explanation. When I raised the issue it was fairly evident that they had sold the room I booked to someone else and neglected to inform me on check-in. Although I was reimbursed for the difference (after asking for my money back), I was unhappy with the way this was communicated and the service received. Although I will be traveling to Florence a couple of times a year, I don't plan to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear John,
Thanks for your preference,and for writing your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we sincerely apologize.
We hope to have another chance to welcome you in our Home Florence Hotel!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Arrived to this nice hotel in Florence. It is an old building with few rooms, but very well decorated, located and clean with white furnitures and environment. Service is great, overall good choice for those who want to be close to the historic locations and far from the noise and crowd. Price is a little higher than I expected but worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ricardo M

Dear Ricardo,
Thank you for choosing our boutique hotel and to appreciate our service, location and furnitures.
Hoping to welcome you again,best regards.