“Another womderfull stay in Florence - feel yourself as at home”

Residence Palazzo Belfiore
Russia
“Another womderfull stay in Florence - feel yourself as at home”
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed in Palazzio Belfiore second time in a row, and do not regret - we enjoyed it very much. Appartment is very cozy, very big, it has all you need to feel yourself as at home. Staff is very friendly and eager to help you with all your requests (special regards to Daniela). The neighbourhood is very charming - a lot of real (non touristic restaurants with the best food in the world). 3 minutes to Pente Vecchio and 10 minutes to Duomo.
We'll definetely stay there next time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
PalazzoBelfiore, Proprietario at Residence Palazzo Belfiore, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear guest,
Over three years ago you stayed at our Palazzo and I really appreciate your words.
My name is Francesca and I represent the new management since July
I'm reviewing all the reviews and that's why I'm now back to you.
I take this opportunity to let you know that we have a new website www.palazzobelfiore.it and you can contact us direcly should you decide to come again to Florence
Hope to host you again soon

Francesca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We have stayed at Palazzo Belfiore 3 or 4 time in the past 5 years. Our last visit was in June 2010, when we spent three weeks in Florence. For us it was like going home. The accommodations were very comfortable, the staff very cordial and the location outstanding.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stg5407
Dear guest
Some time has passed since your review but we are trying to get back in contact as we represent the new management since July.
I see you come often to Florence and I really hope to host you soon again
We are making many improvements in the quality of the apartments and offering more services too.
Please visit our new website www.palazzobelfiore.it and feel free to contact us directly should you need any further information
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Our family visits Florence in average 2/3 times a year, for long stays or just one week stay. We know the town very well and have been in various hotels, b&b. We just came back from a trip and the Residence Belfiore, where we have been already 2 times, is just THE BEST LOCATION in town!!!! This ancient Palace has the full historical flavor one would expect from Tuscany, the service is excellent, we are thankful to Ms Daniela for her constant support, she has been very precious on reserving in advance tickets for all the museums (believe me it avoids you hours of lines), taxis and restaurants. The location gives you the chance just to walk to any important sights in Florence, you have a small supermarket at 30 mt from the residence for grocery, and you can find everything you need in a matter of minutes. Knowing Florence I can also tell you that price wise the place is excellent, as written it's worth the price! All my Italian friends in Florence were surprised when we told them how much we were paying ! We will always go back to the Residence Belfiore in Florence, yes the place maybe needs some fresh small touch, but you have for your money much more then you pay! . M. A. Hood

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear guest
Many many thanks for your words.
I really hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family again and soon at Palazzo Belfiore.
My name is Francesca and I'm the new owner since July.
We are making many improvements in the quality of the apartments and the services so I really hope you can come soon to experience them and give us your feelings.
Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My partner and I stayed in an apartment at this residence for four weeks in July 2010. The location was good as it was close to Pitti Palace and the Ponte Vecchio. However we received a very poor service especially considering the money we had paid. We found the manager particularly ill mannered and rude to us on a number of occasions. Although the building has lots of lovely old features, it was very dusty...you could see the dust falling from the floor boards above as people walked about upstairs. The standard of cleaning was terrible. The cleaner did not dust or sweep up the entire time we were there. Also the cleaners seemed to be reluctant to take away the rubbish. I would recommend that if you stay here you check through the apartment for anything that its already broken(e.g. sofa beds) and report it to the manager when you arrive as the apartment is very thoroughly checked at the end of the stay and your deposit might be jeopardised. There is a long list of other issues we experienced e.g. problems with gas supply, internet access, broken furniture, noise from outside. I must say i've received better service and cleanliness staying in a youth hostel for £20 a night! For the money. its my opinion, that there are much nicer and friendlier places to stay in Florence.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jostar2020
PalazzoBelfiore, Direttore at Residence Palazzo Belfiore, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear guest
We are just reviewing all the reviews from the past management of Palazzo Belfiore as we just overtook the management in July.
I hope you may have the opportunity to come to Florence soon again and to stay once again at Palazzo Belfiore
We are making all our efforts for making it your home away from home
Please visit our new website www.palazzobelfiore.it and contact us directly should you decide to stay with us again.
Europe
Reviewed 1 July 2009

it is too expensive for what it is. The appartements are worn out and need to bee refurbished. The furniture is shaby. The so called well equiped kitchen is just lausy. The
receptionist is either not very helpful or just incapable. The best about "Palazzo" Belfiore is the situation, very close to everything, but these are other appartemnts also. For 3 or 4 days it might be ok, but for 3 weeks it becoms a nuisance.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank AlexanderEurope
Dear guest,
I know some time passed since you were at Palazzo Belfiore and I read your review carefully.
My name is Francesca and I'm the new owner of the Palazzo since July.
We are doing our best to make all improvements which could be needed and I invite you to visit our new website www.palazzpbelfiore.it.
I hope to have the opportunity to host you again and we will do our best to make your idea of Palazzo Belfiore different since your last experience.
We remain at your full disposal.