“Best stay ever!”

B&B Residenza della Signoria
Ranked #61 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The B&B Residenza della Signoria is right in the hart of everything you will want to see in Florence. Our room had a spectacular view of the Dome of Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore. Our host Stefano went out of his way to make sure we knew were we were going and highlights all the sight on out map. A great value and any price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 473BrianL
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed in this B&B (“B&B” is slightly misleading as there was no breakfast) for three nights in January 2012. It was probably the best accommodation I have come across in Florence in terms of location and value for money. I paid 59 euros per night (but do remember that it was January). The stay was very pleasant, and I can’t think of anything that I was not happy with, really. The central location was perfect (I don’t know if it would be noisy in summer but in January it was not), and there was a supermarket to the left of the entrance of the building, which I found very convenient. I didn’t watch TV (so Italian TV was not a problem) as I spent most of the time surfing the internet using the free wifi. Heating was satisfactory (it was quite cold outside in the morning/at night). Some reviewers here mentioned the lack of staff at the place in afternoon/ evening but that did not bother me. The instruction on how to get in was very clear in the email that the hotel sent to me, and anyways I arrived before noon.

It had never occurred to me that the SMN train station was not that “centrally located” until I stayed in this place. For me the walk to the station took about 10 minutes, and it was pleasant and easy (when I had no luggage).

All in all a very nice experience. I will book this hotel again if the price is right.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I booked this little hotel based on location and it is a very good one - just a few blocks from the Uffuzi and Duomo, although they don't have breakfast on-site, they do have a deal with the delicious bakery next door for a reasonable breakfast, 3.50 euros. Stefano took over from the previous owners and he was quite helpful. When my child was ill he offered the room even though we had already checked out, if he needed to take a nap before we left Florence. The room itself was clean and spacious for three people. Good shower. Only minor quibble was that the tv was all in italian, but it's nice to unplug anyway. The towels looked funny but they actually were quite absorbent. The kitchen was also useful for preparing snacks and the room had a little table and chairs. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Number 7 seems to have a view of the Duomo.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Thanks to all the reviews that this property has on TA, we decided to book the Residenza della Signoria for our stay in Florence and I am happy to report that it was an excellent decision!!

The B&B is operated out of a third floor (it has an elevator!) apartment located bang in the middle of Florence.

The location is excellent - walking distance to some of the major sights - Piazza della Signoria, Piazza della Repubblica, Palazzo Vecchio, Galeria Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, etc.

Even though the reception is manned only between 9 AM and noon, we did not have any trouble in gaining access to our rooms. We were given precise instructions on how to go about entering the apartment and ultimately to our rooms - access via a numeric code.

The B&B has a full kitchen - hob, microwave, tea-kettle, refrigerator, utensils, cutlery,etc and it came in handy for preparing basic meals and breakfast.

We found it to be a great place to stay and experience Florence as all the major sights were accessible on foot !!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wont2Travel
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I said to my husband while we were staying at Residenza, "I think you have found us the best room in Florence." When we left after our 5 night stay, I was certain we stayed in the best room in Florence. The room was large enough for the two of us to move around comfortably, very quiet, and very clean. We could see the Duomo from our bathroom window!
Breakfast was not included but the common room contained a small stove, small refrigerator, espresso machine for nominal fee, and plenty of dishes and pots. There is a café very close that provides breakfast for guests of the Residenza for a few euros. We went there our first morning, but after that we preferred to roam the area and check out the many cafes available.

The staff was there every morning and we had contact telephone numbers so they're not being there all day was not a problem. They were very helpful, very friendly, and their humor added to the pleasantness of the visit. (They were also unfazed when they discovered someone had left their very old food in the refrigerator, covered with the lovely dishes the guest house provided. Travelers are not always considerate.)

The location was perfect: walking distance to the Duomo, Signoria, museums, bookstores, cafes, and to my husband's delight, lots of gelato places to try. The building has a lift which we appreciated since it makes it very easy for seniors like us to bring our luggage up and to pop back to the room whenever we wanted.

We had none of the experiences you read about in the very few negative reviews of this place and we would definitely stay again, and again, and again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The b&b is near the main attractions of Florence, has a nice room with a very good and clean bathroom. It also has a kitchen with fridge, microwave which is very handy for small snacks. We arrived during the afternoon, entered using the access code sent via e-mail and found the key to the room. I would definitively stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple