OK, to be honest I was a little skeptical of staying here. My boyfriend and I visited Florence during the holiday season, and other places were just soooo expensive. When I found this B&B at such a reasonable price, I was like ok, it's probably not going to be nice, but what the heck. It's not like we are going to spend a ton of time in the room anyway. I mean come on, we are in FLORENCE! We wanted to go out and discover the city... who cares what the room is like?
After a long Christmas Day flight, we arrived in Florence bus/train terminal. As excited as we were, it was cold and rainy, and started to downpour as soon as we got outside. Although my guy wanted to get a cab, I was like no way it's too expensive- let's walk! I know it's not that far. Haha- let's just say he was NOT happy, especially when we were dragging our suitcases down wet cobblestone streets, totally lost. We sheltered ourselves in a leather storefront while checking out the map again, when the incredibly nice Italian owner comes over and asks in very broken English if we would like some help. I pulled out my paperwork, showed it to him, and he literally points across the small narrow street. We made it- all on our own! Haha...
So we follow instructions, inputting the code the owner emailed when we booked, took the miniature elevator up to the third floor, only to enter another security code, and there they were waiting for us! The woman who assisted us (I forgot her name) was sooooo welcoming, and she couldn't wait to show us a map of all the sites her city has to offer.
This little place is totally in the center of the action of the city! Restaurants and stores right out your door. The room itself was extremely cute, with wood beamed ceilings, and a large armoire to place our clothes in. There was a small table and chair set (that we used every night for our "happy hour" wine and cheese thing), and the bathroom was clean and modern. There is a small kitchen in the front registration room that everyone can use, and they had glasses, a small cooktop, dish-ware and utensils, not to mention small refrigerator. AND, when I looked out our window, there was the Duomo, literally glowing in the darkness. Amazing :)
I loved this place, and I would highly recommend it!
PS- the ONLY negative thing I would say is the towels they provide. They were large, but almost like dishcloths in texture lol. Totally did not dry you off- at all. So... just a bit of feedback either for the owners, or those planning to stay there (bring your own! Lol)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residenza della Signoria opened in September 2008. It is a charming town house suite located in an elegant and ancient palace in Via dei Tavolini right around the corner from Via de' Calzaiuoli, the most famous Florentine street connecting the Dome to Piazza della Signoria.Thanks to our excellent location in the historical center, just few steps away from the Uffizi gallery, you can quickly reach the main monuments and the most exclusive boutiques in Florence on foot.The accomodation is elegant, refined and includes all the facilities; your stay will be unforgettable, a dream in the Renaissance atmosphere of the Florence city centre.The property is situated on the third floor of the building provided with a comfortable elevator (comfortable for 4 person). In a charming and elegant environment we offer 6 silent and large rooms overlooking Via Calzaiuoli, the typical red roofs of Florence or offering a view of the Dome.Each room is characterised by wooden floors, 4 meter (13 ft) high coffer style ceilings with exposed beams, classic style handmande furniture decorated by expert Italian artisans and luxurious upholstery. The comfort is provided by KING SIZE beds (200cm x 180cm or 79in x 71in), independent air conditioning, private ensuite bathroom with glass shower and bidet, double glazed windows, hairdryer, LCD TV 19" with DDTV, electronic safebox, free wireless and wired internet connection, telephone with direct access to outer line. All rooms are no-smoking rooms.Some Junior suites large about 26 sqm are also available, with living room zone, table and 2 armchairs. These can also be made up with 1 or 2 extra beds wihtout reducing the room habitability. The extra beds are not just sofa-beds but real beds able to provide the same comfort as standard beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your B&B Residenza della Signoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Residenza Della Signoria Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast Residenza Della Signoria