“A Safe Haven”

Trattoria Antellesi
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Trattoria Antellesi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 2,680 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$16 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
“A Safe Haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Trattoria Antellesi was a pleasant blessing in Florence. My wife and I were were tired, hot and bombarded by the throngs of tourists on the street. This restaurant was a quiet haven on a less-traveled side street. The house wine was excellent and dry. We ordered the steak with mushrooms in a sauce that was breathtaking and the chicken topped with ham and cheese was spectacular. Our hosts made this place even more special with a positive demeanor, friendly smiles and helpful with the menu. Our host was very humorous, too.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rockville, MD
“Good food and friendly service in a convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate lunch at this restaurant twice--the first time for convenience, because we were going to the nearby Medici Chapels after lunch; we liked it enough that we went back the next day even though we were not sightseeing nearby.

The staff makes you feel welcome, especially the friendly man who seems to be the owner or manager. There are just a few tables outside and they are practically in the street, which has a fair amount of pedestrians and an occasional vehicle; it is not a peaceful setting or beautiful view but we sat there because it is a "typical" Italian experience to eat outside. If we ever go back to Florence, I would like to sit inside the restaurant because the decor seemed nice.

At our first lunch I had pasta with pesto and my husband had ravioli (or maybe it was tortelli) with wild boar sauce and porcini. Both dishes were delicious. My husband had a glass of wine, and we shared a bottle of acqua minerale--we asked for it with gas but got the plain one instead, but we didn't think it was worth asking them to change it.

While at our first lunch we saw the customers at the next table getting steak and potatoes. It looked good, the price seemed reasonable compared with what we had seen at a fancier restaurant the night before, and I really wanted to try Florentine steak. So I ordered bistecca with roast potatoes at our second lunch the next day. Although the meat had pretty good flavor, it was sinewy, tough, and overdone in some places. It was a huge portion, too much for me to finish even with my husband helping. The roast potatoes were delicious--I could have made a meal out of them. (Maybe that's why I couldn't eat all the steak--I filled up on the potatoes.) My husband had pici all aglione (pasta with garlic and red sauce), and it was very good.

We recommend this restaurant, especially if you like pasta. All the pasta preparations we had were delicious.

1 Thank freedshop
Boise, Idaho
“Great first taste on our Italian adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed next door, so this was an easy stop for us for dinner. Sat at an outside table next to a table with others also from out hotel. Spent almost 2 hours at dinner with no rush to leave from the wait staff. Bottle of Chianti, caprese salad appetizers before we enjoyed pasta in a dark truffle sauce and wild boar ravioli. Great service, fun to watch the foot traffic go by, and well located for the tourist area of Florence.

“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Ate there 2 times during our stay in Florence, found the food great. Had pasta, bruschetta, bistecha and tiramisu. All of it well prepared. Staff are super friendly, humorous and nice, but they did miss some of our drink orders, then again, a little reminder and all was good. The place has been around for 100 years, its a bit outside the real tourist traps, food takes a bit of time but then you know they prepare it from scratch. Not too expensive, and the food outranks the typical 100 dishes on the menu places by a lot.

• Visited June 2014
“An answer to mr Paul C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I want to give an answer to mr Paul , if you go in a restaurant at a quarter past eleven pm when the hour of closing it's an half hour before you can not ask all the menu because the boiler for pasta it's switch off fi you are not happy for the service and the food the next time you are pleased to' change restaurant because we haven't time to lost with you, see you no more !!!