“Cultural”

and up
Discovery Coffee and Barista Course
Ranked #16 of 138 Food & Drink in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: The espresso and cappuccino are part of the Italian lifestyle. In this course / tour, we learn about the Italian coffee blends, the differences between Arabica and Robusta and between the washed or natural coffee. During the course we speak also about the best espresso machines, how the coffee must be grounded and tamped for the the best espresso coffee. How to froth the milk for cappuccino, latte macchiato and caffèlatte. Again, we prepare and taste the classic Italian preparations, such as the barley coffee and the caffè shakerato. You will prepare your owns cappuccinos and you will taste the best blends of coffeeThe courses are held in English by teachers with long experience in working in the coffee and trainer and as export manager for Italian coffee companies.The courses are held in the very center of Florence. The school organizes also longer courses, for who wants to work in the world of coffee.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Brasilia, DF
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Cultural”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very cultural. Even beign Brazilian, I did not know many things of coffee that I learned with this course. Liked a lot!

Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
Manila
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Coffee for Normal People Too!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was a very culturally nurturing activity during my stay in Florence. I was initially hesitant to include my family of 5 as I was unsure as to whether they would take any interest in such a topic. To my surprise, everyone, including my sister who doesn't even drink coffee enjoyed every bit of the class.

Gabriele, our tour guide/teacher for the day, was very patient and made sure that we had all our questions answered. Before starting, he made sure of our coffee background…whether we owned a coffee shop, coffee connoisseurs or were simply just interested to learn more about coffee. Upon learning that we were all just normal Nespresso drinking coffee people, he made sure that the course would fit our profile and keep us entertained all throughout.

From the different types of beans, how they are blended, to making your own espresso and cappuccino the traditional way, the different types of coffee beverages, to latte art down to the coffee culture, everything was explained to us in layman's terms and in a way that kept us wanting to learn more about it. But more important to me was the fascination of having a better understanding of what coffee means to the Italians. After finishing the course, you will also find yourself observing the barista and the Italian cafe culture educatedly and with a more curious eye.

I suggest signing up for this course in the beginning of your adventure in Florence. The class location is a little far from the city centre, unreachable by foot but very close by taxi.

Gabriele was one of the nicest guys I've met in Italy not to mention that he's an excellent teacher too.

Visited October 2013
Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“More than caffe'!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This class and tour gave us an awesome history of coffee, the different methods of harvesting and preparing the beans, and the differences in roasting and blending to make the perfect cup of Italian coffee! What a class! We also had the opportunity to go hands-on to actually prepare our own cup of espresso, then some amazing instruction in Cappuccino latte art. We all got to try our 'lazy hand' at making flowers, hearts, squiggles and designs. Awesome. Did I mention all you can drink espresso and cappuccino? Take the class in the morning :)

Visited December 2012
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Nice!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I went to the school without any knowledge about coffee before.
and it was really fun and interesting!
The teacher was so nice and he tried so hard to give what we need to know.
even we were all tired but I can see from his eyes that he was really
attempting to give us everything he knows.
a lot of information and experience I have here are really worthy.
Thanks so much!

Visited July 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Ho seguito il corso con Gabriele il mese scorso. È stato una bellissima esperienza. Gabriele e' una persona molto gentile e sicuramente un esperto nel campo.

Per chi vuole aprire un bar o semplicemente ed un amante del caffè, lo consiglio molto.
----------
I took this course with Gabriele last month. It was really a fantastic experience. He is an extremely nice person and truly an expert in his field.

If you want to open a café or simply love coffee, I highly recommend this experience!

Thanks, Gabriele!