Mary's House
US$242
Orcagna Hotel(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$159
NH Firenze Anglo American(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$182
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
US$603
US$572
  • Restaurant
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
US$638
US$485
US$364
US$280
US$298
US$274
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel itself is in a great location - less than a 5 min walk from the Santa Maria Novella train station and about 5-10 min walk to the Duomo (tourist spot numero uno).

I wouldn't stay here again as my room was adjacent to the Manager's office, which resulted in a lack of privacy for me when leaving my room or going to use the bathroom. Additionally, I was woken up about 7-8am every morning by the staff speaking very loudly next door.

If you do decide to stay here, MAKE SURE you take slippers or flip flops with you for walking around your bedroom and going to the bathroom as the floors were VERY dusty - my feet were black just from walking from one side of my bedroom to the other in bare feet.

I was a little unnerved when I first arrived as the man greeting me showed me to my room and then took my passport without saying anything...he might want to have told me that he was taking my passport away with him for a few minutes.

I would have benefited from having an extra blanket in the room. The sheet on the bed was VERY thin and being September; it certainly was not very hot in Italy....I had to wear my hoody to bed one night as I was very cold - thank god I had a jumper with me!

Lastly, I was due to catch a flight from Pisa about 9am on the Sunday meaning I had to be on a train at about 7.30am - was a bit of a rush in the morning as no-one was up until after 7 ready for me to check out. It would have been useful if they had asked me what time I would be wanting to check out.

I think next time I would spend a bit extra to be in a bigger hotel with my own bathroom and more privacy than I had on this holiday.

Room Tip: Try to avoid sleeping in the room next to the Manager's office --- you would feel more private than me and I'm sure it would be quieter!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Wanderer_787
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It seemed to be a family run guest house. It's on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. We were let in after ringing the bell at the main entrance. And when we went up the stair to the 2nd floor, a guy was already waiting for us with the door open. He asked for the booking name, led us to our room, took our passport, then left. Two minutes later, an old lady in her nightwear came into our room, and just started talking to us about the main sightseeing spot in Florence, with the aid of a map. But she went through everything so quickly, like she just want to get her job done. Both of them doesn't seems to be very friendly. It might be rude to say, but they really stank. I know it was a hot day, but they should have the decency when they met their customers.

The room is quite big, with a balcony. There is a small fridge in the room. It was unplugged and took ages to start getting cold. So if you were to use the fridge, do have it plug in once you get there. They change the towels and sort of clean the room everyday. The location is good, 5 mins from the Florence S.M.N. train station, and about 5-10 minutes walk to the city centre. There isn't a lift. I'm a girl with a medium backpack and a small suitcase, but I found it ok.

Overall, the location and the room is great. It's just the owners there were a bit weird.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I chose the place because of the good reviews. Sadly to say, I have to change my mind. Firstly, there is no elevator to the hotel so I had to drag my heavy suitcase to the second floor. Secondly, there was no breakfast available. With the price I paid, I had thought I was entitled to at least a cup of cappuccino and a cornetto. The location was great, very close to Santa Maria Novella Station. But overall I would say this place is average.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Good value, fantastic location, 1 minute walk from the train station and easy to find. Very clean and tidy. Fridge in own room an added bonus. Great for a quick stopover. Very quiet at night time, never heard anything from a busy city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank i_r_rog
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This was a strange little hotel, it is very quiet. We did not see another guest the whole time we were there. The welcome was great. Mary greeted us and gave us all the information about the local area and where to go, this really helps when you have just arrived and have no clue where you are. The hotel is halfway between the train station and the town centre so ideally placed. The rooms are large and ours had a little balcony which was nice. Very clean and spacious. The free wifi was a bonus. This is a great place to stay if on a budget, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends