“Great stay in the heart of Florence”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Emerald Palace

Emerald Palace
Ranked #344 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Australia, Melbourne
“Great stay in the heart of Florence”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Was quite impressed by Emerald Palace. We weren't sure what to expect however had a pleasant surprise throughout our stay.

Rooms were very clean - from what I could tell, the upstairs rooms had been refurbished - all decked out with nice decore.

Shower was great, steaming hot water. Bathroom was very clean.

Wifi worked in the rooms and down in the kitchen area.

The young Romanian man, staff member was very nice and was happy to talk and help us out with anything.

Location is very central, however early early morning you hear the market people setting up, which could be annoying if your a light sleeper.

included was breakfast, wasn't anything special, a few pieces of toast, biscuits and coffee - made by one of the staff members. This was a nice touch.

The whole place is very clean and modernised. The stairs were a good workout to get up to, but a bit of stair hiking never hurt no body.

Staying in several hostels in europe for a month - I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't facing the market street side. We didn't have one which was goo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 periods alone in last September, i liked here because they were so kind to me and i felt safe event i was alone..the rooms are clean and very beautiful with big bathroom, location is just great because it is close to everything, train station, beautiful church, the market and many restaurants around. I was very impressed and in loved here..and i will come back here whenever i will visit Florence again..

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My friend and i only stayed for one night, but we had the nicest experience there. The staff were just lovely and the place was really clean and nice decor. It is daunting going up the stairs as the building looks quite shabby, but as soon as u enter the hostel it's lovely. Perfect location close to the train station and walking distance to all the sights!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Roxanne G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My new wife and I stayed at the Emerald Palace in Florence as part of our extended honeymoon trip through Italy. Having never been to Florence we booked this accommodation based on the reviews on trip advisor and its proximity to all the sights, and all I can say is that I am really glad we did. I was sceptical about booking a 'hostel', even as a private room. Firstly, Emerald Palace a convenient 10 minute walk from the main station. It is located very adjacent to a beautiful church (whose name escapes me), along a street which is used as a market during the day, which was a great introduction to the city as it set the ambience (the Street clears out at night). When we first entered the building I thought we had made a huge mistake as the door was hidden behind the market and as the entry hall and stairs looked quite rundown and dodgy. Non the less we made our way up and once we entered the property, our concerns disappeared. The apartments are newly decorated and very light and tidy. Our room was great and looked out over the church below. Private bathroom which was clean and modern, and we even had a walk in closet and air con (which was a life saver). Wilma on reception was awesome and told us everything we needed to know about Florence. The staff even arranged a bottle of champagne for us on our arrival. The location is spot on and so convenient for everything in the city. The price seemed reasonable for what we got and where we were. The block, apartments and rooms were super safe, and despite the dated and weathered communal area in the block, this was an awesome place, and I wouldn't even class it as a hostel. I would definitely return if I were to visit Florence again. (Sent from a phone, so excuse any typos)

1 Thank Iobas2000
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had a mix up of the locations at first (don't trust googlemaps, type in the actual address given) but when the hostel was found, it was excellent. The location is right above the leather market (San Lorenzo) which is wonderful and dangerous for your bank account. They are there all day and night as well which makes it feel much safer walking through there at night. The rooms are clean, the shower is good and the hostel has two doors to get through so its very safe. The staff is very friendly and breakfast is provided in the mornings. The only problem I had was at night when the lights weren't always on making it difficult to see. Beware though, the actual hostel is on the third or fourth level so if you bring your suitcase, make sure it's light enough for you to carry up and down, if not, give it a skip and bring a backpack.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Questo b & B e' bellissimo! Pulito, carino, a una posizione ottimo al mercato San Lorenzo, molto vicino alla stazione S.M. Novella. I personali erano molto disponibili. Le stanze belle con una buona prima colazione.

This b & b is great! Clean, cute, at a great location at the San Lorenzo market, very near the S.M. Novella train station. The people working there were very helpful, Daniel gave us excellent directions when we checked in and spoke great English. The rooms were very nice, and there was a nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2012

At first we had a reservation in the emerald hostel and when we got there we were informed that they did not have any rooms left. They ended up putting us in emerald palace to accomodate us which was awesome! We saw no staff the whole one we were there so the service was not great...but the room we had was awesome and right in the heart of Florence!

• Stayed August 2012