“Boring with Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Il Vinaino

Il Vinaino
Ranked #1,090 of 2,679 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Brownsville, Vermont
“Boring with Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went here based on reviews. Bad Idea. Ordered one thing, got another. One of the individuals at the table next to me found a hair in his pasta. The waiter made a point of bringing out the cook to show his it was not the cook's hair. OMG! The poor person waited longer than I did for my meal. when they brought my pasta dish out it was the wrong dish. Had to send it back and get what I ordered--pasta with porcini. Very boring version. Pasta with some oil and porcini and a sprinkle of parsley on top. Service was awful. Guess you get what you pay for. I would recommend it for families with kids who are trying to feed a family cheap and are not so concerned with what they are eating.

• Visited July 2014

US
“Such a homely atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

After staying in florence for 4 days I decided enjoy my last evening meal at l'Vinaino thanks to family friends who had previously eaten there. Firstly I was greeted at the entrance by a lovely lady who was pleasant, accommodating and spoke excellent English. She seated us and a man (pressumedly the owner) came over with the menus and gave us a selection of bread along with various sauces, salt and pepper...etc. We had a brief look at the wine menu and decided upon "Ciliegiolo Toscano" which was delicious and both I and my husband enjoyed it, with our two children having a coca cola!! We then ordered a starter of "Papparadelle" pasta with wild boar to share between the both of us whilst our children both shared a "Gnocchi alla sorrentina" - a tomatoe and mozzarella sauce. After though roughly enjoying and munching our way through our firsts we decided to have a second dish and the owner recommended the "Ossobuco" which was also splendid! He then offered us all limoncello and caffe alike and we spent the following hour relaxed chatting and speaking with both he and the waitress who recommend beautiful places to visit in Florence. Over all a very pleasant way to enjoy our last evening! Thankyou and highly recommended by us for definate!

• Visited May 2014
Southampton, England
“Basic fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a French guide book which we then realised was 10 years old! The restaurant may have changed hands since then. The food was perfectly good but not terribly exciting. We had chosen the pecorino and honey starter in anticipation of something special but it really just was large chunks of pecorino with one teaspoon full of honey. Main courses were well cooked but we were still a bit disappointed. We did have a really delicious Chianti Classico and the price overall was reasonable. One to visit without too high expectations and it might turn out to be better than expected!

• Visited May 2014
Belgaum
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is almost an institution in Florence. It's nondescript exteriors belie its 160 year history and the fantastic local Tuscan fare it dishes out on a daily basis.

It has also found its place in this guardian article on the ten cheap eats in Florence.

Everything that we ordered had that warmth and flavour of being prepared in a local home, rather than a commercial restaurant kitchen.
The wild boar was especially good and it is definitely worth a try.

The owner, cookie, is an amazing fun loving person, and his energy pervades through the entire restaurant and it's employees, making this a great cheerful place for any evening out, but especially on a cold rainy night like the one when my friends and I chanced upon this place.
Cookie, not only turned the rainy evening into a fun filled night, with great food and wine accompanied by his camaraderie and banter, but I suspect, his energy carried on to ensure that our next few days In the Tuscan countryside were sunny and warm.

Florence, Italy
“Very good dinner ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The food was very good, the price affordable. We spent a great time. The waitress was very sweet. I would definitely recommend this place to have a good time

1 Thank superpapo22