“Absolutely fabulous!”

La Taverna
Price range: US$28 - US$43
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After spending a long day walking all over Florence, I was recommended the restaurant La Taverna. It was very close to my hotel, which was extremely practical.
Everything was absolutely perfect.
The ambiance was great. Looking around, I noted it was the meeting point of families, couples, girls and even a group of young people ; everybody enjoying themselves.
The menu was great with "a la carte" as well as the menu of the day. Everything was fresh and tasted delicious. There was a lot of choice, pizze, pasta, rissotos and a lot of dishes typically italian or even from Tuscany itself (like the plate of delicatessen sliced just on the spot for us). The mozzarella Burrata completely took my heart away. I never tried it before and it melted in my mouth it was so nice. For dessert I just had to have the tiramisu with martini (but you can also order the traditional version) ; it was so creamy, just heavenly. My nephew also enjoyed very much the chocolate cake as he just devored it!
The choice of wine is excellent and trust me, from the wines to the lemoncello and the grappa, the quality was there, I did tried several...
The service was really good. The staff was very nice, providing information on the dishes, serving quickly, making us all taste the wine before choosing the bottle, so we really felt welcomed. My two young nephews, 6 and 8 years old, were served fast, which was really appreciated.
The price of the meal is really good compared to all the quality food and drinks my family and myself had. It is also very much in range with the prices in the other restaurants, which probably explain why it is so popular.
In a nutshell, this is a place I recommend and I hope to come back to Florence to visit it again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We ate here twice and I have to be honest, the main reason we returned was because of the deserts!
It's a lovely simple taverna, no airs and graces, just simply good food, efficient and friendly staff and good prices. We had pasta dishes, Tuscan meats and house wine. The puddings were fab- semi freddo with a sweet berry sauce to die for and a pannacotta with just the right wobble. Yummy

Reviewed 13 May 2014

the first time we ate at La taverna was mainly because it was the closest restaurant to our hotel, but we returned 3 more times, because the food, service & ambiance were great!
good wine list, fresh delicious meals, and a casual warm cozy atmosphere …..an overall great experience!

1  Thank ana c
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I can't believe how good their pizza is. Steak is even better. Everything is delicious. We had two pizzas, t bone and chips (French fries) cut and cooked fresh. Bloody fantastic. Will definitely be back for more.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and the food was divine. It may be small, but one feels right at home. If ever in Florence this is a great place to eat.