“Bad!”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #691 of 2,811 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$28 - US$43
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I think this may have changed hands as we ate there 2 days ago and if was the worst food and service we've had in Italy. The 7 first course meals were served in 1's & 2's up to 5 mins apart and mine didn't arrive at all. When asked where it was the surly waitress knew exactly what I'd ordered & it arrived another 10 min later. Others had all finished by then. When 2nd course pasta finally arrived (again, mine was overlooked until chased up) it was inedible, other agreed. No I wasn't a grumpy customer when we arrived, but sure was when I left, hence writing my first review. Avoid! There is so much good food to be eaten, this was a wasted opportunity.

1  Thank Clairedy17

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We found this little pizzeria by accident - ate here that night and then returned the next night because the food, friendly service and 'vibe' were just so wonderful. We arrived just as they opened the first night and were given an aperitif 'on the house'. By the time we'd eaten our delicious pizzas (they offer lots of other mouth-watering menu options), the place was quite busy. We came back the following evening (with three of our fellow travellers) at a later time and the trattoria was almost full. It was obviously a pizzeria very popular with the locals; family-friendly and able to organise tables to sit fairly large groups, even though the pizzeria is quite small. To say the place was humming would be an understatement. It was exactly the kind of authentic Italian trattoria we had dreamed about when we were planning out Italian holiday adventure! We could not fault the food, the atmosphere or the friendly, prompt service, even with the trattoria full of happy people. And to top it all off, as one of the waiters went past our table towards the end of our meal, he put a bottle of limoncello and some liqueur glasses in front of us 'on the house'.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

After spending a long day walking all over Florence, I was recommended the restaurant La Taverna. It was very close to my hotel, which was extremely practical.
Everything was absolutely perfect.
The ambiance was great. Looking around, I noted it was the meeting point of families, couples, girls and even a group of young people ; everybody enjoying themselves.
The menu was great with "a la carte" as well as the menu of the day. Everything was fresh and tasted delicious. There was a lot of choice, pizze, pasta, rissotos and a lot of dishes typically italian or even from Tuscany itself (like the plate of delicatessen sliced just on the spot for us). The mozzarella Burrata completely took my heart away. I never tried it before and it melted in my mouth it was so nice. For dessert I just had to have the tiramisu with martini (but you can also order the traditional version) ; it was so creamy, just heavenly. My nephew also enjoyed very much the chocolate cake as he just devored it!
The choice of wine is excellent and trust me, from the wines to the lemoncello and the grappa, the quality was there, I did tried several...
The service was really good. The staff was very nice, providing information on the dishes, serving quickly, making us all taste the wine before choosing the bottle, so we really felt welcomed. My two young nephews, 6 and 8 years old, were served fast, which was really appreciated.
The price of the meal is really good compared to all the quality food and drinks my family and myself had. It is also very much in range with the prices in the other restaurants, which probably explain why it is so popular.
In a nutshell, this is a place I recommend and I hope to come back to Florence to visit it again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We ate here twice and I have to be honest, the main reason we returned was because of the deserts!
It's a lovely simple taverna, no airs and graces, just simply good food, efficient and friendly staff and good prices. We had pasta dishes, Tuscan meats and house wine. The puddings were fab- semi freddo with a sweet berry sauce to die for and a pannacotta with just the right wobble. Yummy

Reviewed 13 May 2014

the first time we ate at La taverna was mainly because it was the closest restaurant to our hotel, but we returned 3 more times, because the food, service & ambiance were great!
good wine list, fresh delicious meals, and a casual warm cozy atmosphere …..an overall great experience!

1  Thank ana c