“Bare bones room, bathroom through public hallway”
Review of Locanda Pitti

Locanda Pitti
and 1 more site!
Locanda Pitti
Ranked #546 of 640 Florence B&B and Inns
American living in Germany
“Bare bones room, bathroom through public hallway”
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I wanted a cheap room in Florence, and found Locanda Pitti online. When I booked the room the owner assured me that it had a private bathroom. When we got there we discovered that although we didn't have to share a bathroom, we did have to exist our room and cross the hallway to get to the bathroom. This wasn't what I mean when I asked for a room with a bathroom, and I felt slightly cheated by the owner. That was the biggest downside of the hotel.

The location wasn't bad. It's not far from the train station, which is a plus, and the Academia isn't far. However, if I go to Florence again I think I would look for something slightly Southeast, closer to the duomo, or near the river. When we wanted to walk to the river or the Eastern half of Florence, it seemed pretty far away.

The room was reasonably quiet, but there was some street noise and very loud noises from shops and apartments pulling down their metal covers over their windows.

The room itself was okay--not big but large enough for us. The temperature was comfortable in October, and there was a large window that let in lots of light. The bed, however, was extremely cheap, so that the whole thing sagged tremendously as soon as you got in. If you have back problems I wouldn't recommend it. The room seemed clean, and the bathroom was cleaned every day, but not perfectly. It was just a small, old bathroom and never seemed as clean as I would have liked.

The owner gave us a key so that we could come and go as we pleased.

We were told that the room had free wireless, and it did, but the connection was extremely poor. There was only one spot in the room where we could get a signal, and it kept going in and out, and was very slow when it was working.

Even though the room was quite cheap for Florence, I don't think I would recommend it unless I was assured of a private bathroom *in the room*.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)