“No Show, They Left me Hanging”

Le Baccanti Cultural Food and Wine Tours
Ranked #107 of 376 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: For over ten years Le Baccanti has provided the finest service in customized luxury cultural food & wine vacations and day tours in Tuscany and Italy. Our personalized services are recommended by BBC Travel, The Independent, Le Monde, The Telegraph and scores of satisfied wine, food and art lovers.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I booked and pre-paid an olive oil tour in Tuscany and even confirmed on the phone. They never showed up for the tour, did not answer my calls, and did not return my emails. I even gave them the chance to refund me via email before I took it to the my credit card company, but they did not bother to return my email.

Honestly, the tours are way too expensive, and you can organize tours at all the wineries and olive estates for free or just a few euros. Do not bother with La Baccanti.

vanessaheld, Manager at Le Baccanti Cultural Food and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Bobby,

I am glad to have at least one poor review as it is impossible for us to be 100% perfect and we are always looking for ways in which we can improve. From what I understand after speaking with the olive oil press and our booking manager, is that this was all caused by a big string of miscommunication. I understand that you called the office to reschedule the morning of your activity. It was not communicated to you that due to the last minute change, one of our representatives could not be with you during the rescheduled visit which was confirmed for the new time you requested. I sincerely apologize for this missed opportunity to communicate this to you. However, the olive press said they still gave you a tour to the best of their ability and that you were able to take home some of their oil. As far as the cost, a olive oil tour with tastings is €35 per person and I apologize if this was a price you consider a waste. We will take our pricing into consideration based on your feedback. We are a travel and tour agency with operating costs to mind and our costs include the service and convenience of arranging travel activities without exposing our clients to possible language barriers and choosing only the best suppliers and staff. We did find one e-mail requesting a refund but you are right, we did not respond in a timely fashion, however we did not find any missed calls or voicemails. We will take this mistake and transform it constructively so that no one has to experience what you did. We are happy to provide a refund and we will call you as soon as possible to arrange this. We hope you had an amazing rest of your vacation and we sincerely apologize for dropping the ball with you. If you can accept our apology, we are also happy to offer you a cooking class on us on your next trip to Florence. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts about your tour with Le Baccanti!

All reviews
"sandro"
"chef"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I had a cooking experience with Isabella. First she took us shopping at the fish and veggie markets, then we went back to her lovely home to cook with her. We made tiramisu and gnocchi. while were were busy with the gnocchi she cooked the fish and told us how she did it. We had a bottle of perseco, and ate a lot of delicious home made food. After being on a two week cruise it was a welcome change, We totally enjoyed ourselves.
I dont feel it was a cooking class, it was more like cooking with a friend. Isabella opened her home to us, and was very sweet and hospitable.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about cooking in Venice! Not only did you make gnocchi but friends:) We should start calling the class "cooking with friends" based on your feedback. Isabella is such a sweet whiz in the kitchen and we are glad she is on the Baccanti team. Thank you again, Le Baccanti

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I looked online for food and wine tours in Florence and found Le Baccanti. They were very responsive, flexible and professional and made me feel comfortable booking the tour. I had a terrific experience and would recommend them to anyone wanting to feel like they had a unique and more local (less turisty) experience. Coral was knowledgeable and fun. We had a great time!

vanessaheld, Guest Relations Manager at Le Baccanti Cultural Food and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our new Aperitivo Tour! We are glad you found us on google and hope to see you again in Italy!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

first rate, top quality from the moment of collection to the end of the day where 2 hours over the allotted time was not an issue for Sonja. She was attentive and informed although my companion and I suspected her real love was further to the east with Barolo. Can't win em all. Sparkling conversation and O level Italian for beginners but her love of food and wine just shone through and contributed to our day as that's what it was all about. We saw Ferghettina and Il Mosnel ...huge variety of presentation of the Franciacorta, unrushed personal tours for just the two of us of the wineries with equally knowledgeable wine makers who we never felt were just going though the motions with another couple of punters. It was like having a day out with a good friend. Getting out of Milan's traffic into the blissful Italian lakes and countryside was another bonus.

vanessaheld, General Manager at Le Baccanti Cultural Food and Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your review! It is hard to win over a Barolo lover for Franciacorta, but Sonia is a joy to be on a wine tour! The lakes are a nice touch to the franciacorta tours so we are glad you could appreciate that. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip in Italy!