“Very good and très sympa”

Mr My Resort Florence
Ranked #12 of 297 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Rwanda
“Very good and très sympa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

When I accidentally stumbled on this accommodation on the internet, I was wondering whether this was serious: the name Mr My Resort sounded funny, and the prices quoted seemed improbably low for Florence. The positive reviews from other guests persuaded me, and we were not one bit disappointed!
We enjoyed Mr My Resort's upstairs room for four nights; it was impeccably clean, stylish, rather spaceous and even had a little balcony. The patio and reception area are for communal use, as are the amenities (laptop, internet, fridge, library). There is a spa in the basement, which we didn't use for lack of time. Everything, including the location in a typical Italian street, was extremely "sympa"; we immediately felt at home. We didn't see or hear much of the other guests, presumably culture lovers like ourselves.
Lorenzo and Camilla take turns in looking after the guest rooms and the guests themselves; they are extremely helpful, provide good tips for things to see, restaurants and shopping, and make museum reservations and book taxis if needed. Their English is incredibly good - much better than my Italian!
A few days before our arrival we received an e-mail message with instructions on how to reach Mr My Resort and on the check-in procedure, all very efficient and correct. They recommended taking a taxi from the airport, which is indeed the best option, the airport being only 4 km (a 20 mn drive) from the town center.
We had a fantastic stay at Mr My Resort and will certainly get back to them next time we'll be visiting Florence - if at all possible, because with all these positive reviews they might be fully booked throughout the year!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLBinZeist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

A really great hotel, will definetely stay there again once in Florence. Iæve been to many hotels around the world, and this is one of my favourites. We have already recommended it to our friends :)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scandinavica
cristina74, Owner at Mr My Resort Florence, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
... we're so proud to read this comment. Thank you very very much! We really hope you will join us soon the future, with all your friends! The patio will be perfect for an aperitif in the evening... A warm ciao from Florence!
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

We arrived at Mr My resort welcomed by Lorenzo who quickly armed us with a map to get our bearings in Florence. Our room was spotlessly clean with all that we could need for our stay.
We were reccomended some fantastic restaraunts,off the tourist trail which we never would have found without their help. Camille helped us organise a day trip to Sienna and onward to the airport, nothing seemed too much trouble.
At first I was a little apprehensive about having breakfast away from the hotel, but Nabucco had a fantastic choice and again the service was great.
We had a great time in Florence, the location was ideal, just a few minutes walk from the Duomo but surrounded by Italian daily life rather than in the middle of a tourist trap. If you do get chance book a room which leads onto the courtyard rather than at the front of the building wih french windows opening onto this lovely space.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cocobear74
Thank you so much for the detailed review and for the words you spent about the staff. Camilla and Lorenzo my friends they send you a great Ciao! from our beautiful city.
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

Thank you very much for the expert service from Lorenzo and Camilla - it made our short trip to Florence very easy. As soon as we arrived we were shown numerous recommendations for restaurants etc on a map - the ones we tried were excellent and really saved us time and hassle.

The breakfast set-up - a ticket to redeem at a nearby cafe - worked very well and the breakfast was excellent.
Our room la fontanella was lovely, large and comfortable with a high-spec en-suite including a great shower.

All in all a wonderful place, and we will definitely return in the future to spend more time in this wonderful city. The trip was made all the better when I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes!

Sean

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dy83
Hi! Thank you so much for the great review! We wish you joy and happiness for a long and great life together. When you will be back to Florence, it will be a great pleasure to host you again here at the Mr My Resort. Ciao ciao!
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Nice boutique hotel with excellent staf.Warm and comfortable.Camilla is doing excellent job. The staff. Camilla and Lorenzo were knowledgeable, informative, helpful and friendly.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yeom
Sorry t reply so late to all the last lovely comments. Thank you very very much for your kind words about the staff, Camilla and Lorenzo send their ciao and we really hope you will be back to Florence soon! Grazie mille!
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2011

Spent 3 nights in this beautiful B and B. The owner Christina, and Camilla and Lorenzo were extremely charming and helpful before and throughout our stay in Florence. They helped us with restaurant recommendations and our bookings as well as with our museum reservations free of charge. The attention to detail and design is evident throughout the B and B. We stayed in La Laggiota which was lovely and I had a look at a couple of other suites and they were all immaculately furnished. The internal courtyard is very charming. Our room was beautifully and carefully restored with beautiful pieces of furniture. The bathroom was small but comfortable. The hotel is close to the Accademia and about 10 - 15 minutes on foot to the Duomo. We found the location to be ok. Breakfast was served in a cafe bar down the street and over NY we had breakfast in our courtyard with fresh pastries. We hope to return - thank you once again for everything and for your kind hospitality - we had a fantastic time in Florence.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amif79
cristina74, Owner at Mr My Resort Florence, responded to this review, 9 January 2011
It's nice to start this New Yaer with such a lovely comment. Thank you so much! We're glad to see you enjoyed our bed and breakfast and had a good stay in Florence. It was a pleasure to share with you my personal advices about restaurants and places to visit, I'm a local and I love to make our guests more familiar with our beautiful citiy.
We really hope you back at the Mr My Resort Inn. Once again, thank you for the time you put in this review!
St. Paul. MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

As others have said, Camilla and Lorenzo are excellent at providing everything you need. The location is very good. We stayed in the suite for six days and never used motorized transportation - and we are in our 60's. We found the grocery store down the street to be quite beneficial. Breakfast at the restaurant gave us good options daily. The entire resort was quiet and comfortable. A great place to stay in Florence!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple