“Lovely room, warm and helpful staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr My Resort Florence

Mr My Resort Florence
Ranked #16 of 295 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Olney, Maryland
“Lovely room, warm and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

This place is a gem! You feel like you are in a fine resort, but with the hospitality of a great B&B. My husband generally does not like B&B's because he feels like he's staying in someones home and he's very concerned about making too much noise,especially if your coming back late. Not the case here. This place is not someone's home, its a small upscale hotel.
Our room was large and it even had a balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the inner courtyard. What a great place to drink the complimentary bottle of wine that was in our room on arrival. We arrived early and needed to drop off our luggage so we could go on a tour. No problem, but since our room was ready they let us settle into our room at 10AM. If you want a good bakery just ask Sabrina, she knows a great bakery! Sabrina could not do enough to help you no matter what you needed, train schedule times, taxi, directions, whatever you needed she would gladly help you. If we are ever back to Florence, I would not hesitate to return to Mr My Resort!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I absolutely love this place. The rooms are clean, updated, and fun. There is a wonderful private outdoor patio to relax and enjoy wine and conversation. The owners and staff are absolutely lovely--warm and welcoming with great recommendations. We stayed here on our honeymoon on our first trip to Florence together, and we had to come back! We had as good of a time if not better this time around. We had other family members stay with us this time, too, and they loved it as much as we do. Ugh--I could live in this place if they let me! Thank you Mr. My. I can't wait for my third trip to see you!! I would give you 6 out of 5 stars if TripAdvisor let me :)

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We spent 2 nights at this little resort. The rooms are all quite unique and it's centrally located so you can explore Florence and come back for a rest if you want. We loved the inner courtyard which we seemed to have to ourselves every time we went out there. It was so peaceful and quiet. Enjoyed a nice lunch and a bottle of wine out there. Sabrina was really nice to chat with. She helped us with directions and gave us some good suggestions for where to eat. The breakfasts at the nearby restaurant were good, althoug we're not quite used to eating so much pastry and breads first thing in the morning. Overall, a very nice little hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Desipte the non-Italian name, this B&B was a wonderful stop during our Italy tour. The rooms have great European charm, the hosts were kind and went out of their way to help us (and they take credit cards, which other B&Bs do not). Instead of serving breakfast at the facility, they give you coupons to a small cafe about a block away, which makes for a nice way to start the day of touring. The B&B is also only a 10 minute walk with luggage to the train station.

Room Tip: Italian beds we found to be hard and the pillows are flat. These beds were softer and they gave us...
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This B&B ticks all my boxes! Fantastic room mixing the old with the new in just the right way - partial frescoes preserved on the walls, Florentine ceiling.... but modern bang up to date bathroom! Tea and coffee making facilities. Big comfy bed with high quailty sheets. Air conditioning that was both quiet and effective. Breakfast is served at a cafe around the corner-which we thought just added to the whole experience! Some have said this was one block too far from the centre - I would say that it isn't too far and thankfully this makes for a quieter location anyhow. We easily walked down to the station with our suitcase on our last day-about 15-20mins . The academy is close by and everything else (Uffizi etc) we walked to without problem. Out of all of the hotels/B&B's we stayed in on our Italian trip -this was my favourite.

Room Tip: As there are so few rooms - I am sure they are all equally fabulous!
1 Thank Storehouserecommends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

This is a fantastic place to stay for a short trip to Florence. The location is very central, just a few minutes' walk from the city centre. Our room was very nicely decorated, with a door opening on to a picturesque courtyard.

When we arrived, Camilla was extremely helpful - she spent around 20 minutes guiding us through the map of Florence, recommending restaurants and places to visit. Her approach to customer service was friendly and very personal. Breakfast was at a very nice cafe just a few minutes' walk from the hotel - we were given vouchers to present each morning to get our breakfast.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Florence for a few days, and would be happy to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elliot R
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Beautiful Room in a Historical building arranged with the greatest taste! Staff and owners are the nicest, most serviceable and efficient hotel runners you could hope for. The perfect stay 5 minutes away from the historical center of Firenze!
Une adresse où nous reviendrons avec un immense plaisir et le plus tôt sera le mieux ! ;-)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple