“Very nice little boutique hotel”

Mr My Resort Florence
Ranked #15 of 297 Speciality Lodging in Florence
England
“Very nice little boutique hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I can highly recommend this lovely little hotel following a great stay there in September. It is relatively small but this makes it nice and quiet and a lot more intimate than the bigger hotels.

The place was very clean and the breakfast, that was served in the cafe round the corner, was delicious. There is also a nice little courtyard which is pleasant to sit in and a spa as well (although we didn't get round to using it). The location is fairly good also - a 10 min walk to the Duomo.

Probably the best things however was the staff. Before arrival Cristina was very helpful and whilst we were there Riccardo was exceptionally welcoming and provided lots of useful information on the local area. He even left a nice bottle of Chianti in our room to enjoy!

All in all a great spot and would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed three days in the Cloistro room. This oddly named hotel is in a very old building in a great location. It's just far enough away from the touristy craziness of central Florence, but it's just a quick walk to most everything. The hotel is very nicely decorated. Our room was large and opens onto a small courtyard. Though that's a bit of a mixed blessing as we had to mostly keep the curtain closed since otherwise any other guest could see right into our room.

Ricardo was a terrific host - he quite literally filled an entire map with recommendations for us when we arrived. Very friendy and helpful.

Overall, there's a lot to be said for this place as a great value. It's comfortable and a little bit different. I'd stay again.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This lovely, well-located B&B only features one B: the bed. The room was attractively designed with a combo of funky modern and historical touches. There's a lovely patio and a spa that we didn't use. Breakfast was a voucher at a nearby restaurant for only 2 items, not the typical buffet that is common in Europe. That's really the only downside. Ricardo, the owner/operator, was extremely welcoming, helpful and charming. A unique getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Beijing
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My wife and I stayed for three days in florence.
The location of the hotel is great. By walking you need 10 to 15 minutes to the old city centre. On the way you can find many good restaurants and shops.

As we arrived by car, Riccardo and Lorenzo helped us to get a parking spot in a garage nearby (5 minutes walk to the hotel). The price for the parking was acceptable (24 Euros per day) considering the availability of free parking spots in Florence.

We arrived in the evening at the hotel and were cordially received by Lorenzo. Our room was very clean and nice decorated.
Lorenzo spend a lot of time to explain us everything we needed to know and to answer all our questions. Thanks again for the recommendations.

The reception is located in the middle of the 5 rooms (patio). You have free access to a small kitchen.
The breakfast is served in a cafe 5 minutes walk from the hotel. It includes everything you need to start the day.

Overall the hotel is very quiet and with a great service. My wife and I are travelling a lot, not only for business and we are staying usually in very good hotels. This small and very special hotel has not to hide! It was during our entire stay very clean, quiet and due to the efforts made by the staff it gave it a touch that you feel like home.

I would definitely stay again in this hotel and can recommend this for singles and for couples who want to expirience a little bit more than the usual hotels in Italy.

Thanks again to Lorenze, Riccardo and Guisseppe.

Room Tip: Il Chiostro Room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pharako
Asturias
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews of this web site as always. We decided to stay in the room they advertize as the suite and although the decoration throughout the hotel was nice, we were quite disappointed.

The suite is situated right by reception; every time you get in and out you have to pass the reception desk. This in my opinion leads to a lack of privacy as you can hear every single conversation that is happening there while in the room and I presume they can also hear ours.

The main problem for me was the lack of sleep every single night I was there due to the night time noises coming from the vegetarian restaurant next door. The restaurant is very busy every night with young people, and its back sitting area in the patio is right next to the hotel´s patio too so we could hear all the people partying till 1 in the morning every night and then the restaurant staff recycling all the bottles in the bins by the patio and cleaning till 2 in the morning. Since we had to get up at 8 every morning, we were exhausted! I´m surprised no one else mentioned this in any of the reviews. Maybe if you stay in any of the other cheaper rooms on the ground floor you don´t have this problem as you are further from the restaurant´s patio.

There are notes in the hotel room saying that it´s clean every single day; we were there for 4 nights and not even once did any one clean! By the third day our trash cans were so full that we had to gather plastic bags to put the rest of the rubbish! I´ll upload the picture shortly.
The towels were never changed so I had to go to reception to ask for an extra towel and toilet paper as we run out of it the third day and it was never replaced!

We never met the owners while we were there, only the young guy by reception who was very nice and helpful every time I needed something.

For the price we paid I expected some cleaning service that never happened and a bit of peace and quiet to sleep that never happened either so I´m only giving it 2 stars: one for the lovely decoration and the second one for the location that although not in the city center it´s quite close.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
cristina74, Owner at Mr My Resort Florence, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Dear guests,
thank you so much for the time you spent in your review, which we consider important to make our services much better and to give to the other guests a different point of view about our B&B. I hope that you will also have the time to read our reply and that other potential future guests will take a few minutes to take a look to our comment.
First thing: thank you so much for the appreciations about the B&B decoration, its location and my assitant's kindness, which I think it is one of the most important service a B&B should offer.
Now, let's get to the other points.
This is the first time we have a negative review and we feel so sad (and surprised) for this. My personal question is: why did you wait for a so long time to inform us about your complaints and did not say a word during your 4 nights stay? My opinion is that a guest has the right to inform the hotel when she/he is still inside the place, and probelms can still be solved. This way you put the staff and the owners in the condition to offer their help in a short time, and give you the best they can. So a mistake can easily be put right. But we did not receive any remark while you were at the B&B.
For your convenience I will follow the list in the same order of your complaints, so that each note can be recognized easily.
1. The small reception is located at the patio level, and the Suite is on the 2nd floor, and they're separated by about 15 steps. In addiction the private entrance to the suite is located at the beginning of the 2 flights staircase, to give more privacy to the guests. The reception opens from 9.00 am, and it is very rare that guests come there to chat with the receptionist at that time. Usually, it happens late morning (say around 11 am, after a coffee) or early evening, say between 6-8pm, when the reception is open for the second shift. It impossible to hear guests conversations coming from the 2nd floor while we are staying downstairs working at the desk, and I'm very sorry if you heard guests chatting in the reception after its opening time.
2. Something about the vegetarian restaurant: this place is located at the number 30 of the same street side where the BB is. The only point is that our accomodation is located at the number 14, so there are 7 main doors (and 7 buildings) between that restaurant and our B&B. For all travellers information, we have to say that all the restaurants here in Florence must have their own kitchens closed and clean not later than 10.30PM, and this rule must be strictly respected to avoid severe fees by the Municipality and complaints by all the private homes that are located nearby. I totally exclude that the noise you heard came from the restaurant. Probably it came from a party in a private home of students, which I totally agree it is not the best way to spend a serene night. I apologize for this, even if this is not under our control, as you can easily understand. In the end, if no one else mentioned the Mr My Resort as a noisy place to sleep, I think that there is a good reason.
3. Something about cleanings: I have to admint that your comment about this point left me totally shocked. Cleanings are arranged every single morning from 9.00 am until lunch time, and sometimes we are open to do them a little later, in case a guest leave the room very late (and this is not usual for a B&B, where services cannot be the same than the hotels). Towels: there is a note inside each bathroom about our “green project”: it says that if you want to have fresh towels, just leave the older towels on the floor or inside the shower box. I have to say that if we find that towels are so wet, we change them even if we find them hangt up. Room cleanings: we do it every day, and we did it in your room, too. Every single guest has its own way to live its private room. For this reason in some case it easy and possible to clean up the floor, table, corners, etc., and in other cases it is possible to clean up just a part of the room. It is our habit not to move from the floor guests wide open luggages and bags, shoes boxes, and other personal items. If we find plastic bottles on the bedside tables and not inside the trash can, we're used to leave them there for at least one day, because some guests are used to recycle them in their backpack for a daily use, since water in our B&B is totally drinkable and that makes them save money and protect the environment. Cleaning time: I don't know the time you took the photos you told you are going to publish. We clean the room in the morning and just once a day, before the guests come back to the room after a day of shopping and museums touring.
4. About the receptionist: I'm happy to hear that Riccardo our assistant (and my husbands' son), was welcoming and helpful during your stay. I know that he also provided you with doctors informations in case of need.
5. About the owners: so sorry I did not meet you during your stay at Mr My Resort. I try to do my best to be present at the B&B during the day, and I also personally choosed the help of Riccardo who is a very good guy. In addiction, I have to say that during these last months I'm working less than usual because of my pregnancy, and actually I'm especting to have my baby in a few days, so I think I will have all my guests understanding and I apologize with you for my absence.
I hope I gave to Tripadvisor's users an idea about our services and our helpfulness, and I hope your review and my reply will help future guests to understand what Mr My Resort B&B can offer.
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a wonderful place I've stayed several times. It was an insane asylum hundreds of years ago! It has a Spa, and beautiful rooms with a open air courtyard, so even if it's raining it's a wonderful place to sit with friends that you met along the way with a feast from a nearby store of wine and goodies. Close to the historic center, within walking and gives you a nice neighborhood, small studios of painters etc. I like to stay in hotel 3 or 4 times and familiarize myself with the neighborhood and then move on to another neighborhood for the same. I like the hotel management and there's a Cucina to buy some groceries for your needs.
I love this place. Too bad they are full this time!

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the single but have seen every room, they are all, very nice, I'd like t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sbdesign
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed for three nights in the Gli Specchi suite, separated from the other rooms on the courtyard by a staircase leading to a well appointed bedroom and bathroom. As others have said the B&B is a bit of a walk from central Florence but in many ways, provided you are happy to walk in and out each day, that's an advantage - an escape from the touristy busyness of the centre! Sabrina was extremely helpful in advance of our arrival which we really appreciated, and overall it would be difficult to fault the accommodation once we were there. I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple