“Wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful....”

Poggio Imperiale Apartments
Ranked #67 of 301 Speciality Lodging in Florence
Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful....”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Thank you Clara for making my year long stay in Italy less stressful with providing a wonderful apartment--you were always helpful and easy to work with.

The apartment was such a great place to stay and every person who came to visit me in Italy always raved about it---they all wanted to stay! I know I will always call my little apartment home for any future visits!!

I miss you, Italy and my little apartment! Again, thank you!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sharon23451

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were recommended to Clara and the Poggio Imperiale by someone who lives in Florence. We are so glad that we followed her advice. The apartments were beautiful, clean, airy and in a great location. You will not be in the bustling heart of Florence which can be noisy. Everything is a walk away, or a bus is convenient if you need it. (While we were there a couple came in looking for an alternative place from their center-of-Florence hotel to stay because they had gotten no sleep as the people in the bars and streets were loud all night long. Clara found them an apartment in the complex and they were thrilled!) Around the corner you can purchase local fruits and vegetables every morning and prepare a fresh Italian breakfast. You can bring one of the wine flasks provided in the apartment to a local wine shop - Buca Del Vino, recommended by Clara, taste some wines, and the store will fill up your wine bottle right there. Molto bene! I highly recommend you stay at the Poggio Imperiale. Ciao!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tina R
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I were celebrating part of our 25th Anniversary in Florence and a friend recommended this location. The room was large and accommodating for our week long stay; it was very comfortable after our daily excursions. Clara was VERY helpful recommending eateries, sites, memberships, travel tips, shopping, etc. She even made reservations for us!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KeithB25
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Clara is the friendliest host and it was our favorite place that we stayed in all of Italy! The apartment was so comfortable and we loved being away from the crowds. It was easy to get to and from the train station by bus. Boboli Gardens nearby are not to be missed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We booked 12 days at this apartment. On the 10th day, we told the owners, Clara and Carlo, of our plans to leave early on the 12th day to return to Rome and catch our flight. They checked the train schedule and found that we would have missed our flight and that we had to leave on the 11th day instead. Without us having to ask, they refunded our final days' payment.

And that's the kind of wonderful service we received!

Location is great. I highly recommend this apartment.

Plus, there is a washer and dryer on site. :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Istanbul
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I take a trip to Florence every April and have stayed at Poggio Imperiale every year since 2007. Let me start by saying that Clara and Carlo couldn't be more hospitable. I am always greeted by one of them upon my arrival and immediately made to feel at home. Although I am familiar with Florence, they are always eager to help me with suggestions for lesser-known destinations and great restaurants more frequented by locals. They are both warm and sincere and quickly make you feel like family.

The apartments are spacious and beautifully decorated with original art, old family photos, a tasteful blend of antique furniture and more contemporary pieces, and tiled floors with Tuscan motifs. The beds are comfortable and covered with floral spreads, and the kitchens are modern and filled with all the necessary amenities. They have clearly put time and thought into the design of each room so that they are fully functional, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing. You do not feel like you are staying in a hotel; you feel more like a guest in someone's villa.

There are trattorias, cafes, and grocery stores in close proximity to the apartments, and Clara and Carlo will help you with suggestions and reservations. If you are looking for a beautiful and memorable experience in Florence, look no further than Poggio Imperiale.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank I-Ricci I
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 15 December 2011

this is my 4th trip to Firenze but I never stayed in an apartment. I will never stay in another hotel. Clara was always around to help suggest places to eat and to make us reservations for eating and museums. the neighborhood was fabulous, never had to leave it for delicious and reasonably priced meals. Everything was either an easy walk or a bus ride. the bus stop is with 1-2 blocks from the apartment. there are also grocery stores and a wine store that lets you bring in an empty bottle and they will fill it with your choice of very good local wine for a fraction of the cost at a regular store. I would definately return here on my next trip to Firenze. thank you Clara for a truely memorable stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Maria, large bathroom, comfortable bed.