“So good!”

Osteria All'Antico Mercato
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria All'Antico Mercato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #338 of 2,906 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$30 - US$47
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I had the cod fish stewed with olives and fresh tomato sauce. Everything about it was delicious. I've also had their chicken liver crostini and the bread was nicely toasted with olive oil on it. The chicken livers are warm: unremarkable but good. The cod dish was a standout. Attentive service, outside seating though on a busy street with car traffic. Inside seating available. Diverse menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Nice food and good wine. Not expensive at all - pizza around ?12 so no dearer than Pizza Express back home! In fact it's cheaper, not sure what people expect to pay for food thee days as we couldn't fathom why peoplr thought food in Florence was expensive.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have been in Florence several times and we always eat here on our first day and last day. Ok, and some days in between. We have eaten many of the items on the menu and still have not found one that is less than great. We stop here because the staff is great and friendly and the food is equally as great. If you are looking for a fast in and out meal. This is probably not your restaurant. They take the time and care to prepare a wonderful meal. When your on vacation, have a nice long dinner here and you will not regret it.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Right beside our hotel was this wonderful outdoor restaurant. Our first night there had us hooked, wonderful food, great service and a great place to meet other travellers.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I had read really good reviews so my boyfriend and I went along. He got the lasagne which I have to admit was quite good. The bread they gave us was stale (we didn't want to eat it so it wasn't a bother however for someone who would want the bread - that would be annoying). My boyfriend got the steak with mushroom and bacon sauce. The bacon had a lot of fat on it, actually the meat did as well. It wasn't the leanest cut of meat. I had the chicken in rosemary and oil and chips. The chicken was a little too oily for my likely. I think if you don't mind oily or fatty foods you will be ok, however for someone like me who tends to eat fairly healthy this sat in my stomach. Would I go back? Probably not. The service was fine, for me, it was the food.