“Great little place, best for a quick bite and a glass of wine”

Fiaschetteria Nuvoli
Ranked #256 of 2,850 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was in Florence for several weeks this year and ate here for lunch at least 15 times since it was convenient to the school I was attending. I loved stopping in for a panino (the porchetta is amazing), or a crostino or two, and a glass of wine. Quick, delicious and cheap. They also offer a short menu of decent, not amazing, pastas, soups and more. The service in the basement dining room is a bit iffy, so if you can fit in upstairs, do so. I highly recommend this place, though it might not be the best choice for a relaxed, romantic meal!

1  Thank SambaMaster

Reviewed 27 March 2014

the location of the restaurant is already a plus. the place is very cosy and intime.
the waiters were kind but the rervice was not fast.

1  Thank Raida H
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great food, lots of choice for great wine. It seems like a very local place with traditional food and people. You sit along a table squeezed in with other guests making it feel quite cosy. I definitely recommend it, although I wouldn't have the trippa (pork intestines) I'd recommend the pappardelle!. Good prices too btw.

1  Thank estherk341
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I discovered this hidden gem back in 2003, while visiting Florence with a friend. I really loved the atmosphere, food and drinks offered and I always wanted to return on my next trip to Florence.
10 years after I finally made it back! Nothing has changed except for some additional items on the menu. My boyfriend and I ordered different items to share. We were sitting beside a Canadian couple and I was really happy to hear their comments about the place and to see how much they enjoyed the food, drinks and the service.
I have been to Florence 5 times and I ate at different restaurants, but Nuvoli still remains my top place. This is a place where you come for the atmosphere and not for the looks, service and the quantity of menu items.

I cannot wait to go back to Florence and stop by Nuvoli again!

2  Thank Globalina
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I had visited several times this bar from Spain, however this time my friend and I were really disappointed. An elder staff poured a bottle of red wine without asking anything other than red or white. When we complained, he poured back to the original bottle from our glass. Furthermore, he insulted Asian gentleman with large voice. Their service level was really disgusting. I couldn’t enjoy our mean and wine there. I don’t recommend to you, guys. This place doesn’t treat tourists. It’s the place for only local acquaintance.

3  Thank smy756