“Excellent little Gem!!!”

Osteria dei Baroncelli
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria dei Baroncelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #733 of 2,907 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$25 - US$74
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uffizi
Description: Great food in the heart of the city . Just off to Piazza della Signoria you can still find the real Florentine cuisine.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My fiancé and I dined here whilst in Florence and we are so glad we did. From the moment we walked in we were greeted with a smile and professionalism. Taken to the best seat in the house we were offered wine and food menu' and a basket of bread - naturally since in Italy!
We ordered entrees, mains and desserts. I had the chicken, rooster, which was amazing!! Just melted in my mouth and my fiancé had the veal which was delicious also. Desserts were lovely too, very we'll presented and tasted divine. Great service and beautiful food! Great location too, just on a little side street near the statue of David in the Piazza. We'll done to the manager and his team here, I 100% recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Chrissy P

Reviewed 16 May 2014

As soon as you start down the little alley way along side the loggia in Pza Signoria the noise of the square slowly disappears into a quiet calm. I brought my tour group here for dinner while we were staying in Florence and I have to tell you the Service was quick and the food was good. The group enjoy the atmosphere of this restaurant. It is a nice meal that isn't expensive yet it is still close to the main square.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife, daughter and I ate here after I read some good reviews on Tripadvisor. We had not booked, but that was not a problem as it was not long after opening time and the front part of the restaurant was almost empty.
It filled up later, but I felt that the service provided to "locals" was much more attentive than we received. No bread brought to the table for us, but for everyone else. Wine opened for other tables to taste, but not for us - not even poured.
We asked for our steaks to be cooked medium/well, but they all came out rare/medium. The waiter took them back to the kitchen for a further grilling, but even after that questions remained...he did not remove the other dishes to keep them warm, they simply sat on the table getting cold for 5 minutes.
The waiter and staff were pleasant enough, but I was wholly disappointed in the perfunctory experience. We may have caught them on an off moment, but we won't be back there to check.

2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The restaurant is certainly attractive and our waiter most attentive, but our whole meal, from the salad to the ravioli and the veal with mushroom sauce, simply lacked flavor. Even the dessert was poor.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Quiet little restaurant behind the Piazza, hard to find the first time, but well worth it.... the service is subtle and unrushed, as it is in Europe....they don't rush and the table is yours for as long as you wish...the wines and food as superb....their chicken gallattino delvarno ala diavola (sp) is the best chicken I have ever had, even though it is a rooster, it was as tender as a game hen, and spiced as best as you can do....just writing this review makes me want to go back